Just got the AA email

<p>My D just received the Alabama Action email in her Yahoo account. The second paragraph was weird. I thought the students could take up to 20 credits in a semester. Is this a new rule for the incoming freshman class?</p>

<p>To participate in Alabama Action, you must register for UH 103 Section 001: Honors Exploration of Poverty (1 credit hour). You may register for this course when you attend your BAMA Bound Orientation session or through the MyBama web portal (<a href=“http://mybama.ua.edu%5B/url%5D”>http://mybama.ua.edu</a>) from your home computer once you have attended Orientation. The Course Registration Number (CRN) is 44416. Your registration assistants will be able to help you with this when you attend Orientation. If after attending orientation, you still have questions about how to add this class, please don’t hesitate to contact us. </p>

<p>Please note: The maximum number of semester hours for full-time undergraduate students is 16 hours. Any course that causes you to exceed that amount is charged per credit hour (out-of-state tuition fees apply).</p>

<p>*Please note: The maximum number of semester hours for full-time undergraduate students is 16 hours. Any course that causes you to exceed that amount is charged per credit hour (out-of-state tuition fees apply).
*</p>

<p>This extra charge does NOT apply to those with the Presidential or NMF scholarship. Those scholarships cover up to 20 credit hours per semester. :)</p>

<p>so, if you’ve got one of those, no worry about exceeding 16 credits per semester.</p>

<p>Why did I print out the application and send out a check? Was I not supposed to do that? I assumed the amount would be credited to S’s account? I will ask him to check his account and see if he received this email.</p>

<p>I actually had a discussion with the person who was sending out the Alabama Action confirmation e-mails about the 16 credit limit being mentioned. For those paying for tuition, there is an extra charge starting with the 17th credit. For those with a scholarship that pays for tuition, there is an extra charge starting with the 21st credit, so the credit limits limits are 16 and 20, respectively. </p>

<p>The money you paid for Alabama Action is a course fee that you are to send in with the Application. There may be an additional honors college facilities/technology fee of $8 on your semester bill for the Alabama Action credit.</p>

<p>Thank you M2CK and SEA_Tide. You are both so very helpful.</p>

<p>*Why did I print out the application and send out a check? Was I not supposed to do that? I assumed the amount would be credited to S’s account? I will ask him to check his account and see if he received this email. *</p>

<p>The check for AA is needed. It goes towards the activities and I think some food (others can correct me if I’m wrong). </p>

<p>The scholarship pays for the “credit”. If you didn’t have the scholarship and this was your child’s 17th credit for fall, you’d have to pay for both the fee and the credit.</p>

<p>Oh, I get it now. Tx</p>

<p>In case your students do not know, for Outdoor Action and Alabama Action (I believe) there will be required reading for Outdoor Action over the summer. There is an academic component to Outdoor Action, writing assignments are also required besides the “physical aspects” of the course.</p>

<p>S did not receive the email to register, they must need to receive the check I would presume. It will probably get processed early next week.
I don’t think S noticed the reading & writing component - ha ha. I’m not too concerned :slight_smile:
I think the one credit might allow him to take one less class to start off.</p>

<p>You do need to send the check/credit card payment/money order to be accepted soon after we receive your application. As UA is now on Spring Break, new registrations won’t be processed until after we get back on the 21st.</p>