Just Sent An E-Mail To UW-Madison

<p>"I understand the procedures of UW-Madison's admissions process and that waitlisted students can do nothing to improve their chances towards admission. However, I would like to express my continued interest in attending the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I realize that the chances of postponed students eventually being admitted are slim to none, and I intend to accept admission to another school before May 1st. </p>

<p>Despite this, UW-Madison is still my #1 choice. I do not plan to wait by my mailbox with bated breath for the next month, but at the same time I would gladly accept an invitation to Madison regardless of whether or not I send a deposit to another university. I hope to hear from you in the coming weeks, but if not I would still like to thank the UW-Madison admissions office for taking the time to review my application. </p>

<p>Sincerely, </p>

<p>[Jwebb1272}"</p>

<p>Jwebb1272,</p>

<p>3 years ago, our daughter was wait-listed at the University of Chicago. It was still her #1 choice and despite hearing the same thing about not being able to do anything to improve her chances, she did do something. She contacted the Region Admissions Rep for UC assigned to our area. She just reiterrated her desire to attend UC and what could she do to improve her chances. He had her email him every week with what she was doing both in and out of school. It was a weekly exchange of extra curricular and classes/grades.</p>

<p>Long story short, he called her several weeks later, when the wait list opened up, and said to her that he was given the opportunity to offer one slot for admissions and he was asking her if she wanted it.
That year UChicago accepted only 34 off it's waitlist!</p>

<p>This might be something else to try.</p>

<p>Private/public schools- may make a difference. Good luck, never hurts to try.</p>

<p>jwebb, im declinin madison admission offer..hope they consider u! good luck.</p>

<p>so am I, hope you get in!</p>