Just wanna make sure

<p>Ok so I’m entering as a freshman for fall 2012, and I’m going to be rushing… I’m trying to keep the cost of my housing low, so is my best bet to just go with Tutwiler? And I know Tutwiler is old, but is it a pretty decent dorm?</p>

<p>My D lived in Tut her freshman year (she is currently a Soph.). She could have lived in other dorms but chose Tut because she too was going through recruitment and liked that it was close to sorority row. She had stayed with an Aphi and a Phi Mu during Panhellenic Preview Weekend (girls are now no longer allowed to do this) and she said that although it was older she thought it was ok and the girls she met all told her that with as much time as she would be spending at the sorority for convenience sake she should stay in Tut. That being said there are others who have DD;s who post here whose DD’s have lived in the Ridgecrests and they will tell you that it’s a hike but not unbearable or undoable. I know quite a few girls who will be going through recruitment and they are about divided in half as to whether they will be staying in Tut or Honors housing. It just depends on your preference. My DD also liked the fact that she did not have a room to herself but a roommate and she felt that with all of the girls who lived in Tut she made tons of friends and that it was easier because she couldn’t go in her room and just shut the door. I will say my DD is VERY social and so making friends is not hard for her. With study hours, required meetings, chapter, swaps, game day activities, you most likely will not be in your room a lot anyway…that’s something to consider as well.</p>

<p>egc…will you be visiting the school so that you can visit the dorms?</p>

<p>Have you looked at the videos & pics online?</p>

<p>[Student</a> Affairs | Housing & Residential Communities](<a href=“Redirect Notice”>Redirect Notice)</p>

<p>Yes, I’ve toured ridgecrest…while it was really nice, I honestly really like the idea of a traditional dorm over the suites for my freshman year at least… I just didn’t know if there was another dorm over in the area that tut is in that I could consider… thanks for your feedback!</p>

<p>Martha Parham dorm is not much farther away than Tutwiler. Its rooms are just slightly bigger. Same layout. It would be closer than Tutwiler to the new sorority houses being built. With either Tutwiler or Parham, you’re way closer to sorority row than the dorms on the north side of campus. ;-)</p>

<p>Just saw that Panhellenic Weekend dates have been set!
March 23rd-25th.</p>

<p>Mark your calenders if you are interested in rushing.</p>

<p>Look for more info at the Greek Life page at the University of Alabama info page!</p>

<p>I really like the idea of Parham… if rooms are bigger (and im assuming newer :slight_smile: than Tutwiler, it’s definitely a contender! I’ve heard interesting things about Tutwiler so that’s why I’m somewhat apprehensive… What about Burke? And yes, I saw the panhellenic dates! I can’t wait!</p>