Just wondering if there are places to store everything next summer?

As I am purchasing items for my son’s dorm room, I am also wondering if there is a place we can store these things when he comes for in the summer. Bringing everything back home, especially since I shopped for everything online and shipped it, doesn’t sound like a great option for an OOS. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Temporary storage is very popular with long distance OOS students! If you want the climate-controlled units, you need to secure one by around April 10th. (Some places allow you to reserve a little in advance of when you actually need it.) Many options there in Tuscaloosa! Space Savers is a very nice place (we used it this summer).

Use the search button on this forum and use key words “summer” and “storage”, and you’ll see some old threads on there with plenty of advice. Good luck!

There are MANY storage places around the university, ranging from climate controlled to not.

Sometimes students will share a unit to save money.

When we rented storage, before we put the stuff in, we sprayed the entire unit for bugs, using a 12 week spray. corners, floors, entry points, etc…Didn’t want to find some unwanted guests later on.

OP as a parent of an incoming student, you are invited to get on UA parent facebook pages (closed groups so have to provide info to moderators)- there are files of information there and lots of specific help.