Keeping Scholarships?

<p>I can’t find this info online and I will send an email if I need to, but I thought someone here might know the answer to this.</p>

<p>Is there any type of “probation period” for scholarships? Meaning, if GPA is below what is required at the end of the year, is the scholarship automatically gone, or is there a semester to bring it back up? I’ve seen that other schools do this and wanted to check whether Bama does.</p>

<p>You might want to email Lindsay Hutcherson in Scholarships and ask. </p>

<p>I know that you need to keep a 3.0, but I don’t know if there’s a probation period. </p>

<p><a href=“mailto:lindsay.hutcherson@ua.edu”>lindsay.hutcherson@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>It’s worth mentioning that, at least for the full rides (e.g. NMS), the minimum 3.0 and 12 hours are checked each semester, not each year, with the exception being the first year. I’m not sure if there’s a probation period, but I suspect there is; it doesn’t make sense to recruit these kids so heavily, give them all this stuff, and then kick them to the curb on the first review. Honors College has one and even grants special cases for extenuating circumstances.</p>

<p>My attitude has always been that I should avoid letting it become a problem.</p>

<p>For anyone interested, second semester is considered the probation period. This is including for freshman.</p>

<p>Goodbye scholarship for me!</p>

<p>if you are smart enough to get one of the good scholarships in the first place, you should have no trouble keeping it, provided you do your work and aren’t coming to school just to party.</p>

<p>No reason to give up on maintaining your scholarship. You still have the majority of the semester to bring your grades back up. If possible sign up for a cup cake online spring semester 2 class. The online version of ARH - 252 is as easy an A as there can possibly be.</p>

<p>If you were smart enough to get a scholarship you’re certainly smart enough to buckle down and make the grade this semester. Good Luck!!</p>

<p>What is going on.</p>

<p>4b, you have until tomorrow to register for spring 2 classes. If you’re not maxed out yet on credits then sign up for this online class. It’s the easiest 3 credit A+ you’ll ever get. </p>

<p>Survey Of Art I - 19726 - ARH 252 - 904</p>

<p>First semester GPA makes getting a 3.3 total impossible. Apparently, if I can manage a 3.3 for this semester alone, I may get another semester to bring it up. I called and am hoping to receive a reply tomorrow, so I will find out for sure. Also, I’m pretty sure the cutoff for part of my scholarship is a 3.0 so that is still manageable.</p>

<p>Unfortunately, I’m currently taking too many credit to add a 3 credit class. I’ll keep that in mind for the future though!</p>

<p>You can still drop a class you’re doing bad in if necessary. You’ll get a “W” but that doesn’t factor into GPA. You can then add the Art History and guarantee yourself a 3 credit A+.</p>

<p>Good luck in whatever you decide and don’t give up!!</p>

<p>Yes, drop a class that you’re doing badly in and add that extra class.</p>

<p>Why do you think that you need a 3.3? Don’t you just need a 3.0???</p>

<p>How many credits are you taking this semester?</p>

<p>Are you doing poorly in any class this semester? </p>

<p>What was your GPA last semester?</p>

<p>You need a 3.3 to stay in the Honors College, but they’ll let you back in once you bring it back up.</p>