Kent School Information

If someone knows more about Kent or is from Kent? Mind if I ask you a few questions? please DM me thanks

What questions do you have? In this forum, we had some discussion: Kent has strong hockey and crew program. It has a group of Connecticut kids who couldn’t get into Choate, Hotckiss and Loomi. There are lots of changes recent years, bad or good. Academically strong, stressful curriculum some of this believed competitive group of international student (China, Hongkong). In a small isolated town in a valley if you enjoy the small town life

1 Like

There are plenty of kids at Kent who did get into other schools and to say things like this is really not helpful to anyone.

Kent has a lot of great programs, amazing head of school, strong academics and a really friendly community.

If you have specific questions, feel free to reach out.

8 Likes

Wow. I have no connection to the school but that’s all pretty snarky and rude

1 Like

Do you know personally about the school? Just like every other school, I am sure it is a 2nd choice for some kids but I am also sure it is a 1st choice for others. My child won’t be applying to Choate, Hotchkiss, or Loomi as we are looking at schools closer to home. What are the good recent changes? What are the bad recent changes?

For what it’s worth, my kid got into Choate and several other top schools and was waitlisted from Kent. He actually liked Kent the best and wanted to go there.

2 Likes

Oh geez, not what I want to hear. Thank you for sharing though. Can I ask about his GPA and scores? Did you request FA? I’m finding it very hard to find stats on any of these schools.

High GPA and scores, but needed FA. Schools can sometimes reject kids they think will go elsewhere to protect their yield, so don’t be worried by that example. I was just trying to say Kent is probably great and is not just a second choice for many. It may be just as good academically, but not have the high pressure environment.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. My perception of it is what you mention- good academics but not over-the-top pressure. We will see the school next week and hopefully, it checks a lot of our boxes. :crossed_fingers: Did your son make a school selection for next year?

1 Like

i have DMed some of yall, please check ur inbox

1 Like

hi pls check DMs

Hi, I just got accepted to Kent this year and I’m planning on attending. I’m stressing out on that it will be like there, such as the stress and competition between the students, and also life in general. Is life there at Kent happy in general? How is living as an international at Kent going to be like?

I’m not a student, I’m a parent. My child is very happy and loves it and would definitely describe it as a happy place. There’s a large international community. Maybe reach out to admissions to have them connect you to some current students?