Kent State Waiting List

<p>I kindly volunteered to get up early yesterday morning to put my D on the waiting list. Received an email almost instantly stating that she was on the waiting list. Received an email this morning saying that she was already off the waiting list and has a ticket for the game!</p>

<p>Great! I saw that the football ticket link is up on the ACTcard. When is the latest a student can donate their ticket if they don’t intend to use it?</p>

<p>Also, can someone explain again the difference between transfer and donate and how it affects one’s ability to purchase tickets for the following year?</p>

<p>Son is a sophomore, and he wants to make sure he can get all home games again next year. So how can he give someone tickets he can’t use to avoid penalty?</p>

<p>i think if you donate, you are safe. i think even if you sell to another student you would be safe as well. but i am sure there is someone on here that knows more than i do about it.</p>

<p>As long as you donate before 5pm on the Friday before the game you won’t get a penalty. If you donate after that time you get a half point penalty. </p>

<p>If you don’t donate, transfer, or use your ticket then you get a 1 pt penalty.</p>

<p>3 penalty points makes you ineligible for the next season. So as long as you either donate, transfer, or use your ticket at least 5 times this season you’ll be fine.</p>

<p>Donate = donating your ticket to the ticket bank (wait list). Do this before 5pm on Friday and you’re fine. </p>

<p>Transfer = give or sell your ticket to another STUDENT. You can do this at anytime without penalty.</p>

<p>Convert = converting your ticket from a student ticket to a student guest ticket. If you do this 3 or more times during the season you will be ineligible to buy tickets next season.</p>

<p>This policy was put in place to discourage those students who have no interest in attending games from buying tickets just to re-sell them for a profit.</p>

<p>What time should the student line-up at the gate for the Kent State game (11:30 am CST)? Does the line-up time differ whether one has block seating or not?</p>

<p>Depends on where one wants to sit. If the kid wants to sit in the lower level around the 15 yrd line he’ll need to be in line around 10:00am. If he doesn’t mind sitting in the upper deck endzone then he can get there at 11:15 am and be fine.</p>

<p>Kent St is a nothing opponent as you know. So demand isn’t all that great. Plus factor in the early kickoff, the hangovers from partying the night before, and the heat and you have later line times than usual.</p>

<p>Block seating guarantees your spot as long as you’re in your section 30 mins prior to kickoff.</p>

<p>BTW, I still have a hotel room in Tuscaloosa for Arkansas and Ga Southern weekends available.</p>

<p>Arkansas room is at the Courtyard Marriott in Tuscaloosa and has a King bed with a rollaway requested. $450 total includes both Fri & Sat nights and all taxes and fees.</p>

<p>Ga Southern room is at the Fairfield Inn (marriott property) in Tuscaloosa and has (2) dbl beds. $325 total includes both Fri & Sat nights and all taxes and fees.</p>

<p>PM me if interested.</p>

<p>So, if a sophomore bought a ticket package for home games, and only attends the LSU game, he can transfer or donate all his other tickets without penalty and be able to buy a full package for the following year?</p>

<p>Not meaning to pick on LSU, but I know that’s one my son definitely wants to attend. I hope he will attend others, but if he’s got too much homework, he will gladly donate or transfer his tickets to another student. He transferred his Iron Bowl ticket last year to a friend, but he wants to attend Iron Bowl next year as a junior, as it will be his last on campus Iron Bowl as a student.</p>

<p>Even though the Kent State game is a non conference game, I do think it will be well attended. We bought the TTown Never Down tshirts after the tornado, and son is excited to wear his shirt to the first home game.</p>

<p>Correct. He can donate (before 5pm Friday) or transfer his tickets as many times as he wants without penalty.</p>