Kenyon Young Writers Online 2021

Just found out that the residential program is canceled for 2021.

Is anyone planning to apply to the online workshops? Do you think acceptance be easier or harder? Will attending this program hold as much weight for college apps compared to the residential program? Let me know what you think

I imagine the selection criteria will be as selective and competitive as they are in the past years. Probably equally prestigious.

I just applied! It does seem to be only a week long though, but still costs $1000 :neutral_face:.

Anyone knows when the decisions will be made?

It said late March, so would be around now.

Decisions are out!

1 Like

Anyone else attending session III Writing Across Worlds?

I got into Words and Wonders session II, but I’m deciding whether or not I should go, it’s definitely expensive. Has anyone done the Kenyon program before?

accepted to session 1. I feel like the acceptance rates are higher this year?

yea I feel like so too…are they admitting more students because of the online format?

Hmmm yeah idk. I got into the Iowa Young Writers Studio online this year too and the students still seemed like really passionate writers.

wow congrats!! I didn’t apply for Iowa because I only started creative writing very recently, so I don’t have any proud work sample. I heard Iowa is super good!

Thank you! And you should definitely still apply next year to IYWS, let me know if you have any questions about it. As for Kenyon the price definitely seems steep (especially since Iowa cost way less and was a lot longer) but it also seems like a great opportunity.

Did the decisions come out already for IYWS 2021?

No I got in last year, good luck this year though! I checked on their website and it looks like results are released May 14th (they were pretty punctual for me so I assume you’ll be notified then)

Not yet. Website said April 9th. Then you need to make a decision by May 14th.

@Goldengrove When/how did you get notified of acceptance to Iowa YWS? Are they online? Daughter has not received email.

I did IYWS last year, this year has a different notification date. They should send you an email to notify you.

1 Like