Kids stranded at Huntsville airport

<p>Kids were flying back from Fall break and their plane was just diverted to Huntsville. I guess someone left an unattended bag in a bathroom at Birmingham airport and they shut it down. Anyone know of any transportation from Huntsville airport to Birmingham airport???</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Apparently the Birmingham airport has been evacuated and incoming flights have been diverted. Seems to be a suspicious package.</p>

<p>There isn’t a shuttle to Birmingham from Huntsville. Won’t the airline still get them to Birmingham when they reopen the airport?</p>

<p>DH and son are driving from St.Louis to UA. Just checked to see where they are along the way.</p>

<p>Sorry…they’re already in Tuscaloosa.</p>

<p>Would be so nice if people could start coordinating some assists. There’s no shuttle.</p>

<p>I guess (hope) the airline is going to shuttle everyone to the Birmingham airport. Hopefully the Birmingham shutdown is cleared up by the time they arrive. My kids said that a bunch of Bama students were on the same small flight from Detroit. Thanks for checking TchrWmn.</p>

<p>Planes from Chicago/Midway to BHM are not leaving. My parent friend tells me many planes are sitting on runways there. </p>

<p>[Birmingham-Shuttlesworth</a> airport evacuated after reported bomb threat | AL.com](<a href=“http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/11/report_birmingham-shuttleswort.html]Birmingham-Shuttlesworth”>'All clear' at Birmingham-Shuttlesworth airport following bomb threat, evacuation (updated) - al.com)</p>

<p>Unfortunately my dh & daughter left for Tuscaloosa before this happened. Dh could have taken my car and picked up few passengers :(</p>

<p>airlines will transport from Huntsville to Birmingham…but it could be a long while before they get buses, etc coordinated. If there is anyway kids can find rides, I would strongly suggest that they do so. Airlines are going to take hours to coordinate transportation.</p>

<p>My S was on a flight arriving BHM @ 1.45. He was waiting around for the 4 pm shuttle to T’town, and he said they got out and onto the shuttle bus just in time. Everyone on that shuttle is safe and they arrived in T-town about 5.20.</p>

<p>They initiated a full airport wide ground stop…so nothing moves.</p>

<p>DS’ roommate is on his way to Midway for a 7;30pm departure, DS is in the air and will be connecting in Atlanta, he was supposed to get to BHM at 8:48 on Delta 343, then both of them were planning on taking the 11 pm shuttle. Anyone else have kids on those flights? I am hoping the flight times are late enough that things will be back to normal.</p>

<p>wow aeromom…you son needs to buy a lottery ticket…if you have kids at either ATL or Huntsville please tell them to monitor the twitter feed of the airline they flew in and to stay close to the gate that they deplaned on. If clearance is given they will try to move as quickly as possible to get the flight off.</p>

<p>It is going to be a mess…I am assuming most are onSouthwest flights so I am watching those the closest. D is in T-town, she did not come home. But I want to see if I can help anyone else. I am the head of travel for a college here in Chicago so this is what I do. </p>

<p>I am reaching out to MDW contacts but so far no real info other than ground stop and it’s gonna be along night!</p>

<p>My son is on 343 from Atlanta. He is taking a shared car service ride. I hope all goes well! Please update with any information.</p>

<p>My DD is supposed to be on the Southwest flight leaving Midway at 7:20. Estimated departure of 9:05. Waiting for more info.</p>

<p>My son was on Southwest flight from Baltimore. He just called to say they were diverted and landed in Atlanta. Several other students on the plane with him that he knows. How they’re going to get to Tuscaloosa I have no idea.</p>

<p>Told him to wait and see what the airline does.</p>

<p>My son is on the 7:20 from Midway too. I told him to look for other UA kids and they should all stick together and pool info. Their flight is delayed at least 2 hrs and they will miss the 11pm shuttle to campus. I’ve made a few phone calls and have not been able to find a private car service that can take hiim, everyone is overbooked with the delays from this mess! Do you think the UA shuttle will adjust the schedules and wait for late flights?</p>

<p>According to B-ham’s website, BamaMomfrom NY, your son’s flight is as scheduled so far. Good luck everyone!</p>

<p>[BHM</a> - Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport : About BHM](<a href=“http://www.flybirmingham.com/schedules-arrivals.html]BHM”>http://www.flybirmingham.com/schedules-arrivals.html)</p>

<p>James Spann just posted this: “Multiple sources say the “all clear” has been given at BHM-Shuttlesworth Airport. Will take some time for normal operations to resume, but TSA agents and employees are going back to their posts now.”</p>

<p>Thank God! I hope all the kids get back to school safely. My s car service has been wonderful. Pm me if anyone wants the number. A shared ride is $65.</p>