Kiplinger's Ranks UW-Madison 9th...

<p>UW-Madison ranked 9th best value among public universities for in-state students (a jump of 5 spots over prior year) and no other Big Ten Conference institution cracked the top 20.</p>

<p>Campus</a> Connection: UW-Madison ranked ninth by Kiplinger's</p>

<p>The chart also shows that UW is 60th in need based financial aid and 35th in 4 year graduation rates. Just sayin’.</p>

<p>Yes, I sure wish need-based financial aid was better, though the overall cost of UW (for instate) is reasonable, from my perspective. With the new Wisconsin Covenant kicking in this coming fall, aid will increase slightly for residents who completed the requirements.</p>

<p>Consider the source- a business publication.</p>

<p>What do you mean by that, Wis75? The facts they present, or the formula they use? Your post don’t make no sense.</p>

<p>The focus of business publications is not the same as those in other fields. Business people think in terms of monetary cost/benefits, not everyone cares about that. Not everyone is concerned about the economics of education. It doesn’t matter to me if UW grads make more money or hold positions in the business world. I think in terms of academics, my definition of success does not match that of those in the business school.</p>

<p>With the number of Nobel Laureate, UW-Madison ranks lower than # 9, as I recall.</p>