Kotzen Class of 2022?

I just found out I got waitlisted. Although it’s much better than being rejected, this scholarship is the only way I could afford going to my top school. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Pray for me <3

@asapmis waitlisted for Kotzen or for admission to Simmons?

@outthedoor for Kotzen

Yeah I pretty much gave up the Ivy dream when I realized that 1. I would drive myself crazy (I cried multiple times in tenth grade because I took honors physics instead of AP physics like my friends and thought I wouldn’t get into college or something dramatic like that) and 2. I would pay full price and that is way too much money for undergrad. And that’s even if I got in. Anyway, now I have to decide between Simmons, Case Western (my most expensive option, despite a scholarship, I’m still paying $30k a year including room and board), and SUNY University at Buffalo where I got their presidential scholarship so I’d pay $11k a year including room and board. So idk. I love Boston, but I wanted a bigger school, but UB is so vlose to home and in Buffalo which is an eh city compared to Simmons and I’d see kids from my high school…Case is amazing but is it really worth it? Are there really better research opportunities there than at Simmons? Also at Simmons, is their premed program developed enough? But if I went to Simmons, I could pretty much go to any med school I got into with the money my parents saved for my undergrad plus minimal loans compared to what other kids will have to do. So I don’t know. So stressed deciding!

@18rstein It was my understanding, that in combination with the other schools in the consortium, going to Simmons College would give you all the benefits of a small school (personalized attention, belonging to a close-knit community) while also providing the benefits of a large school (numerous extra-curricular activities, myriad course opportunities and access to several different types of facilities). Did you not get the feeling of this when you visited or do you think that it’s just a marketing ploy? I’m truly curious as to your impressions because my daughter is looking at Simmons as well and she also thought she wanted a large school so we are in process of making some similar decisions. Thanks for your thoughts/insights!

Congrats to Kotzen scholarship recipients. My daughter is interested in Simmons next year, and was wondering what kind of academic stats the scholarship recipients had - GPA, rank, SATs, etc. Thank you!

I too would appreciate that information @bigpadre

@CatLover20, my daughter did not receive the Kotzen scholarship and I was surprised that she wasn’t called for at least an interview. Somehow I don’t think it is all about the academic stats/school involvement when it comes to this scholarship.

@bigpadre oof that’s disappointing to hear. i had a feeling it was based around connections-- only given to high profile types who attended private high schools and could have money to donate to the school

Hey, congrats! I want to apply for Fall 2019, if you don’t mind, could you share some pointers as to how your application looked like (in terms of extracurriculars and stuff)? Wanna get a feel to what I’m up against. Thanks :).