L and S Honors Program

<p>I will be entering as a freshman this fall and was wondering how hard the classes are in the Honors Program compared to AP classes in high school. All of my classes in senior year were AP except for orchestra...how would the work load in my senior year compare to taking classes in U of W? I purposely didn't opt for the specialized courses in Calc or Chem offered to me thinking the classes would be way harder than AP Calc or AP Chem. Basically, can anyone give me an interpretation of how hard classes will be at U of W?</p>

<p>All high schools’ AP programs were different, but even coming from a high school with challenging AP courses I can say that so far 9/10 of ALL of my classes have been harder than any AP course in high school. I don’t consider honors courses exactly more difficult either. Often they just have a different kind of work assigned-maybe more papers/projects compared to just tests in non-honors classes as honors classes are usually pretty small.</p>

<p>I can pretty confidently say no matter what you are going to be putting more hours in going to class and studying at UW than you did in high school. It is a challenging place.</p>

<p>I will be a sophomore in the fall and can second what badger12 said - Honors classes will be more work intensive. Some will be harder than UW courses that don’t carry the honors designation, others will just be more time consuming due to extensive papers or projects on top of your regular coursework. Even though their is some variation among these courses, rest assured - AP courses have got nothing on college (especially UW) coursework. You will have to put in more time than you think to get decent grades - if you want to really excel and succeed on a high level, prepare yourself to put in many hours of studying.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone! I knew U of W would be harder, but by your posts it seems like it’s going to be a lot harder than I had anticipated. Oh well… thanks again.</p>

<p>AP courses can perhaps be considered at the level of an average college’s courses, not the higher level of those at UW. The specialized math and science courses are even more rigorous than the regular ones. Prepare to work hard, but know you were admitted because they feel you can do the work and be successful.</p>

<p>I find college to be easier than high school. :slight_smile:
Depends on the person.</p>