L&S Honors Program? Does it replace your original major?

<p>I was accepted for Fall 2010 and got an email from the L&S Honors Program. My current plan was to major in Communication Arts (Radio-TV-Film concentration). The email I got said that students in the program take classes to "pursue the Honors in the Liberal Arts Degree." If you get in, does the HLA degree replace whatever degree you were originally going for? That's what it sounds like to me... I wanted to apply but I wasn't sure if I should. If I'm positive that I want to focus on Communication Arts, should I still apply to the Honors Program?</p>

<p>Honors in the Liberal Arts is in addition to your major. You take honors sections of gen ed liberal arts classes. There may be honors sections of classes in your major too.</p>

<p>Read the details about the L&S Honors program on the UW website. You can get the above designation, Honors in the Major or do more and get a Comprehensive Honors degree. This has nothing to do with selecting your major, it is taking honors versions/sections of courses. To find L&S Honors from the UW home page go under “more” academics Honors, L&S…</p>