L&S Honors Program

<p>I received an email fron wiscon which asked me to apply the L&S Honors Program. What is this program like? I am an international student and intended double majors are international relations and international finance. Does this honor program will pressure me to much? And is it better for me to apply this program in my later years in college?
Really thanks for helping me!</p>

<p>Actually may be better first year as you get access to smaller classes in some basic classes that usally are large.</p>

<p>The Honors program is a good way to get the most challenging introductory classes. There are also other activities you can choose to take part in (or not). The program is a way of coordinating these offerings- no pressure. The advantage of joining now is getting the Honors advising at SOAR, getting into the Honors classes and getting invited to special activites. There is no special dorm- students live all over, and no demands made each semester. Once you have joined you can choose to take as many or as few honors credits (courses, sections, work to get honors in a regular class) in any semester. It is a good start to obtaining an Honors degree (UW dropped the magna/summa et al designations a long time ago- the honors on your diploma is the highest award available). You can choose to get honors in the major up to comprehensive honors. By joining the program now you will get email information and be eligible for honors courses- those who aren’t in the honors program won’t get into full sections.</p>

<p>In short- many advantages, no restrictions/disadvantages. A good start to your UW experience. No pressure- unless you consider taking the most rigorous courses available to you pressure.</p>

<p>Thanks a lot. I’ve already decided to apply the honors program.</p>