L&S Honors?

<p>So about two weeks ago I was accepted to Wisconsin, and I would like to apply to L&S Honors. On their website, it says that all students admitted to the College of Letters and Sciences are eligible to apply, and that the application is sent via email (I think?). I am confused about how to apply, since I haven't received any information via email or snail mail about it. How long does this invitation email with the application take to arrive after acceptance? Or am I too late in applying?</p>

<p>It’s too late. Application deadline was march 1st
You could try again next year though</p>

<p>For everybody? What I am reading online says that you get a deadline specific to you, and it sounds like there is a chance I could still apply?</p>

<p>This is what I found online:</p>

<p>"What is the normal deadline for application to the L&S Honors Program as an incoming first-year student?</p>

<p>Normally, full consideration will be given to applications received by March 1 of each year for those students admitted to the university prior to early February. A specific deadline is provided to each student in their invitation message or letter. Application deadlines are set on a rolling basis after early February to allow all potential applicants at least 3-4 weeks to complete and to submit their application. Admission to the program is competitive, and space is limited. We regret that not everyone who applies at this first opportunity will be accepted.</p>

<p>How can I be assured of receiving an admission decision from the L&S Honors Program before the national May 1st notification deadline?</p>

<p>If you were admitted to the university, applied to the Honors Program on time (please remember, the deadline in your invitation message is specific to you) and prior to late March, you should receive your admission status letter before the May 1 deadline. Admissions to the university and to the program continue beyond the May 1 deadline, so some students will receive notification of their admission status after that date."</p>

<p>Hmmm, maybe the March 1st deadline was just for students admitted before early Feb. That was what it was for me so I just assumed…</p>

<p>I recommend you email the program and ask. From the 2nd paragraph you posted, it looks like you can still get accepted. I got my email 2-3 weeks after i was admitted. If you email them, that might speed up the process if they decide to ask you to apply.</p>

<p>The deadline to apply varies depending on when you were admitted to UW.</p>

<p>My daughter was admitted to UW on Thanksgiving, and her deadline to apply to L&S Honors Program was March 1st.</p>

<p>She received the email invitation to apply to the honors program on December 13th.</p>

<p>Questions?</p>

<p>Questions regarding first-year student admissions to the L&S Honors Program can be directed to the L&S Honors Program Office by phone at (608) 262-2984 or by email to <a href=“mailto:honors@honors.ls.wisc.edu”>honors@honors.ls.wisc.edu</a>.</p>

<p>[L&S</a> Honors Program](<a href=“http://www.honors.ls.wisc.edu/SiteContent.aspx?id=269]L&S”>http://www.honors.ls.wisc.edu/SiteContent.aspx?id=269)</p>

<p>While it is worthwhile for an incoming freshman to take advantage of Honors program extras do not worry if you don’t get in now. You can still take Honors courses you wish to- although it may take more effort- and apply next semester. This is a program, not a college, so it has many advantages. Think flexibility, not rigidity.</p>