L&S Scholarships

<p>Hi! i am an applicant to this scholarship. has anybody received award information of it?</p>

<p>If you did not receive a ‘regret’ email last week, you are in the running for an L&S scholarship for incoming freshmen (as is my daughter). There are about 30 scholarships and a somewhat larger pool of contenders. Personal phone calls will be made between now and April 30th from the 608 area code by the scholarship officer to make offers. Some students will have already decided to attend other colleges and universities; this is why the pool is larger than 30 applicants.</p>

<p>I see you are an international student.</p>

<p>Almost all of the scholarships are for Wisconsin residents - something like 30 out of 35.</p>

<p>Thanks for your advice. I am an international student and I can take my visa only after confirming the school, which depends on this scholarship result. Do you think I should email the scholarship officers to ask for my scholarship result in advance?</p>

<p>Important Information
•Do not wait to hear from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions in regard to your acceptance to UW-Madison to apply for Letters and Science scholarships. Your admission will be verified prior to making an offer.
•To be considered for scholarships with a financial need component you must have a FAFSA filed. Please review the following site: <a href=“Office of Student Financial Aid – UW–Madison”>Office of Student Financial Aid – UW–Madison;
• The FAFSA information is reviewed in mid to late March.
•Scholarship payments are contingent upon continued enrollment and good academic standing in the College of Letters and Science.<br>
•All payments are deposited into the student account at the Bursars office in the fall of 2010. Scholarships of $3,000 or more are split into two payments distributed each Fall and Spring semester during the student academic career.
• Most scholarships available are for Wisconsin residents only. •Scholarships available fluctuate over time. The number of scholarships and amounts available can change without notice. This year approximately 30 scholarships will be available for incoming freshmen.<br>
•Last year more than 1,200 applications were received for 45 available scholarships.
• Please note you cannot complete the application at the last minute.</p>

<p>Please email <a href=“mailto:scholarships@lssaa.wisc.edu”>scholarships@lssaa.wisc.edu</a> with your questions or call (608) 262-4852. </p>

<p>(Most of these scholarships are small, in the $500 - $1000 range, a few are $3,500 - $7,000). Many are only for a single year.</p>