Lacoste...

<p>This is probably a really stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyway...</p>

<p>I have a few Lacoste brand shirts that I'd like to bring down with me when I come to Miami next month. As you may or may not know, their logo is a little gator type thing...very similar to Florida's mascot. Will people hate me if I wear Lacoste?</p>

<p>Ummm... I think there's bigger things to be worrying about. Lacoste is just a brand with a gator, who cares!?</p>

<p>LOL...I'm half kidding...but also half serious. I don't want anyone getting the wrong impression, I'm a diehard Canes fan.</p>

<p>No one outside of Gainsville or Miami will care!</p>

<p>Yeahhh but what I'm concerned about are the people INSIDE Miami...as that's where I'll be attending this fall.</p>

<p>Bring the shirts!
No one will confuse the two and I imagine they'll be lots of gators (Lacoste that is), polo players, eagles...... around campus.</p>

<p>Students? Any opinion here?</p>

<p>I'm a Miami student. I've seen students wearing them. Bring the shirts.</p>

<p>I have to smile, not so much because you are finding too much to worry about, but because this is one of my personal trivia favorites. Rene' LaCoste was a great tennis champion in the 1920's, one of the "Four Musketeers" and a national hero in France. He was nicknamed "Le Crocodile" for his tenacious playing style. When his playing days were over, he had to figure out how to make a living, all "respectable" players of the day being true amateurs. In the 30's he founded a company, Chemise LaCoste, and very successfully made and marketed polo shirts with his crocodile emblem added. Into the 1970's, when I started to play tennis, it was one of two predominant brands of tennis clothing. (Anyone know the other?)</p>

<p>So, in the highly unlikely event that anyone at UM gives you grief about your shirt, explain to the...person that it is in fact a crocodile, and never an alligator. Good luck in school, and try not to worry too much.</p>

<p>Tons of students wear Lacoste shirts on campus! Don't worry about it ;)</p>