Lafayette Integrative Engineering (Bioengineering)

Looking for experiential info on Integrative Engineering BS. I know it’s not ABET accredited yet, but wondering about research, internship, opportunities for students in the major or who have graduated (apparently first grad class waa spring 2023).

Not sure if you saw this - there’s three profile - what will we be doing. You can also ask the department or career center.

https://inte.lafayette.edu/professional-paths/

1 Like

For full disclosure my D graduated from Lafayette a few years ago and had a fantastic experience in every respect. The engineering and bio departments are both strong so it may well be a great option - especially for a student interested in a LAC.

I’d suggest your child reach out to admissions with some basic questions and ask if there is a way to get in contact with a person involved in the program (a student, a professor etc.).

1 Like

Thanks and I did see this. However most of these are going back to school not entering the work force, so I’m trying to understand career outcomes from this program.

Most was two of three they put up on their website - so not a great sample size. I would reach out to the contact for the major then - who is listed on their website for more info. Ask him for 15 or 30 minutes to learn more about the major - including why would it be right for you, any concerns with accreditation and then specific outcomes - it’s a small class - student by student.

david brandes

(610) 330-5441

David Brandes
Professor of Civil & Environmental Engineering
Walter A. Scott Chair of Integrative Engineering

btw - per the website and ask him (they do plan to acquire ABET accreditation). That is a concern as they don’t have it but given they have an ABET track record, if you really love the school and program, that’s likely a good sign.

Q. Is the degree ABET-accredited?
A. Not yet. Like any new engineering degree program, the program is not eligible for accreditation by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) until it has its first cohort of graduates, expected in spring 2023. The following year Lafayette will submit a self-study to ABET and then be visited by ABET program evaluators. Upon successful completion of this process, the degree will be fully accredited by ABET and all degrees given prior to that time will be retroactively accredited.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.