Lakeside Dining - Anyone know what happened?

<p>My son was in Lakeside Dining last night when the fire alarm went off and it is now closed due to technical difficulties…Does anyone know what happened there?</p>

<p>No, but since it is a dining facility, it’s not hard to imagine that a grill, stove or oven might have had a fire.</p>

<p>Official word is that the building is experiencing technical difficulties due to the cold weather.</p>

<p>Oh, then perhaps it is something like a burst pipe(s), I would imagine that the building isn’t well insulated.</p>

<p>Fresh Foods in the Ferg will be open tonight until 8pm since Lakeside is closed.</p>

<p>I know of three resident halls where pipes have burst and the sprinkler systems malfunctioned due to the cold weather (freeze, thaw, freeze, thaw over and over) . There was flooding in Lakeside east and west, and Riverside North. Could be what happened in the dining hall.</p>

<p>I finally read where they had a sprinkler line break which is why the fire alarm also went off (moving water through the sprinkler systems automatically set off alarms).</p>

<p>Yes, there was a notification sent about the sprinkler systems and the water damage. I hope that the damage was minimal.</p>