Laptop?

<p>Is there a recommended laptop for UM? Dell? Mac? Any advice would be appreciated.</p>

<pre><code> Thanks,
Bob
</code></pre>

<p>At accepted students day a couple of weeks ago they mentioned that they'll have Dell laptop offers for incoming students, containing program bundles. Check with the school for more info.</p>

<p>doesn't matter, and the school has free software (windows xp or vista, the newest microsoft office for both mac and pc, and anti-virus programs)</p>

<p>Here is a link to the software available from the Technology Product Center.
Software</a> Licensing & Distribution | University of Miami</p>

<p>Thanks a ton, my-3-sons.</p>

<p>Thanks for all the helpful info. My daughter will be attending the Frost School of Music at Miami. Are there any advantages to one specific laptop over another with regards to being a music major?</p>

<pre><code> Thanks,
Bob
</code></pre>

<p>I purchased a Dell Latitude through the tech center 3 years ago. I had to order it in advance to have it waiting for my son during orientation. The best part of it was the warranty. Dell comes to the dorms and fixes it on site. With 4 repairs in the last 3 years, the warranty pays for itself.</p>

<p>are laptops used in the classes to take notes? or is pen and paper still used by the majority?</p>

<p>My son uses the laptop mostly in his room, it may depend on your major though.</p>