Laptops at BB

<p>I didn’t see laptops mentioned. If they don’t need them it would be easier not to bring it. They don’t register/image it at BB? I know they are spending time on the different sites/systems, I assume they provide desktops to do this?</p>

<p>There is really no need for a laptop at Bama Bound. Some people wanted to bring them to purchase football tickets, but that sale has already occurred. You son will likely be too busy to need his laptop. Registration is done in a computer lab and UA’s laptop registration process is only for the wireless networks and is done when you first log on to the network.</p>

<p>Totally agree with Sea_Tide. Lugging around a laptop is not needed, and in the 98+ degree heat we had a couple days ago, you wouldn’t want that backpack with you anyway! :-)</p>

<p>For parents staying in the dorms, you CAN be on wireless in the rooms and elsewhere on campus. We asked at the front desk and were told that all we needed was our D’s myBama login (not cwid). Worked just fine for me to catch up on work email in the evening and watch Netflix. One other reminder about staying at Ridgecrest. While they give you bedding, there are no other things in the room like soap for example. But at least there was TP.</p>

<p>Good to know. </p>

<p>One other question as S will be short on time. Shuttle suggested he be picked up at the building where he is from 10-12 on day 2. That is the advising & registration portion. Where is that located, or is it unique by college. He will have to bring his duffle to the morning sessions then. </p>

<p>So, what is everyone carrying around for the day 1 sessions if they are not bringing a backpack? I assume they need some kind of pen & paper.</p>

<p>I had an extra pen in my purse for day one. When parents or students register they are given a bag or backbag with everything in it. There is also a notepad and pen in that as well. Its very well organized. It helps with collecting fliers and other information. UA really has done it all for us. </p>

<p>Registration was seperated based on their major. Our S went to Paty Hall for the Engineering Registration. You may have to call UA to find out where your child will be at that point.</p>

<p>One other note - we registered for the post office box during a break that day. It helps the students since there weren’t any lines at that point. Hope that helps you.</p>