Laptops

<p>I’ll make this short and simple.</p>

<p>I was told that one can get a student discount for laptops at major brand stores (Dell maybe? Dunno). Anyone know about this?</p>

<p>apple gives you a student discount, usually around $100</p>

<p>I think most brands will give you a discount. I know Dell and Apple do for sure, not sure about the rest.</p>

<p>The major thing is that they give a 4 year warranty or something, which is worth a lot more than the actual price difference on the computer.</p>

<p>You can prob get a cheaper one off craig's list.</p>

<p>Yes, you can get one cheaper off of craigslist, but keep in mind that "stuff" happens.</p>

<p>A lot.</p>

<p>You don't want some used computer you bought of some dude on craigslist when it goes kaput. You want a computer with a warranty. I tend to think that warranties are silly things when buying good products, but I've had almost every laptop I've owned go in for some sort of service.</p>

<p>Make 100% sure that the laptop will have some sort of coverage. It's worth it.</p>

<p>^
definitely good advice</p>

<p>Get the warranty and buy it from a company that has a store close to the campus you will be attending so it is easy to drop off and pick up for repairs.</p>

<p>go to</p>

<p><a href="http://www.passwird.com%5B/url%5D"&gt;www.passwird.com&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>on search type Dell, it will give you the best deals on dell laptop. You have to check everyday. Deals change once in a while.</p>