LASIK doctor in College Station??

Hi there. My son is currently a student at A&M and wants to get LASIK eye surgery, and I was hoping maybe someone here in “College Confidential Land” might know of a good place to go that’s local?? I would imagine there are lots (?) of students that have had it done, and I’m hoping some of them were nearby.

Anyone know?? Thanks so much for reading!

JoAnne :slight_smile:

Join this facebook page - Aggie Moms/Dads of Current Texas A&M Students - Bryan/College Station - Q&A, it is much more informative for specific questions and parents of current students can answer your questions. Its a great page!

Thank you SO much for the tip! I really appreciate it!

Just a side note - if by chance your son is looking to join the military ( if a corps student) Lasik surgery will prevent them from getting certain jobs (like pilot).

He’s not, but that is interesting that that’s the case…I wonder why that is?

I found a recent article although it says it is okay now - it requires a waiver and a wait period. If someone is looking at those career fields, I wouldn’t chance it. It doesn’t take much to change requirements & you can’t reverse something like having corrective surgery. https://www.thebalance.com/military-medical-standards-for-enlistment-and-commission-3354022

Dr. Marr is in College Station. If he doesn’t mind driving he should come to Dallas for Dr. Whitman. He will do great It’s an easy surgery with very little downtime.