Last date to change schedule?

<p>Does anyone know the latest date students can add/drop/change schedule around before the fall term starts?</p>

<p>August 29th is the last day to Add a course. It’s also the last day to Drop a class without receiving a “W”. Any changes to your schedule can be made through that day which is actually 1 week AFTER classes begin.</p>

<p>Thank you! Can students pick up any class they want? My son wasn’t sure. He is thinking of changing his major to finance and wanted to pick up a finance class to “try it out.” I didn’t know if it had to be approved by an advisor in his current major.</p>

<p>Yes, he can add any class he wants as long as he meets the prerequisites if any. You only need to clear advising that one time at your BB session. After that you’re on your own when it comes to drop/add.</p>

<p>We had a problem once we left BB dropping Calc 1 and added Calc 2 based on upcoming AP results. I am not sure if I have this right but it seems like you could do it at BB with advisor approval. When my daughter got home and thought about it more she wanted to switch out calc 1 for calc 2. She did not think she would have a problem since you could do it at BB but it not only did allow her to add calc 2 but it dropped her ENGR 151 saying she did not have the right prerequisites. We were able to call UA and fix it, however it was time consuming.</p>

<p>Right…it seems that if you’re signing up for a class based on presumed AP results, you can only easily do that at Bama Bound. After that, you need to go thru a process. While that may seem like a pain, it makes sense that only during BB should a student be able to do that.</p>

<p>Anyone finding it difficult to find next level classes when you have taken the AP class? My son took AP Calculus but the honors Calculus 2 isn’t offered in the fall. So where’s the benefit?</p>

<p>Proudmama, I think the benefit is that he’s learned college level material and will be given credit for that knowledge. Was he in AB or BC? If Calc II is his best placement, it doesn’t seem like a big deal to be in the regular class as opposed to an honors class.</p>

<p>The benefit is that he doesn’t have to take Cal I. He has that spot open in his fall schedule for something else. He can either take regular Cal II or he can wait til spring to take Honors Cal II.</p>

<p>Since Cal II does NOT build on Cal I, then skipping a semester of math won’t matter.</p>

<p>If a student drops a class or changes a class after the bill has been paid, are the fees ( if lower for the new class) refunded?</p>

<p>Proudmama, I am not sure what hour sons major is, but has he considered a non-calc math for the fall, then calc 2 in the spring?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>That’s good to hear, since my D (who’s taking Calc 2 in the fall) hasn’t had Calc 1 since last summer. What about Calc 3? Does that build on Calc 1 or Calc 2? Will being nearly 2 years removed from Calc 1 be a problem for Calc 3?</p>

<p>Cal III is multivariable calculus. Yes, it does build on Cal I.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Yes, you can setup a direct deposit for refunds or you can request them to cut you a check on a n individual basis. If you’re receiving financial aid then it’s best to setup the direct deposit. </p>

<p>And if you add a class so that you’ll owe more money then the fees will just be added to your next months bill. You should always take a look at the bill each month (it’s available via MyBama) to see if there are any new charges on it (parking tix, health center etc etc) because they will add a late fee if it’s not paid on time.</p>