Last Minute Campus Visit?

<p>Hi everyone–</p>

<p>I was planning on visiting UA this fall but just had vacation plans fall through and am now considering visiting this week. The website says there are no tours available on the day I’d want to visit, but has anyone had luck showing up and getting on a tour? I’d be driving from Chicago, so I don’t want to make the long trip if I probably can’t get an official tour.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>Are you going to be applying to the Honors College? If so, then you can request an Honors Tour. You can still show up and try to get in a regular tour, but if that fails, you would have honors to fall back on. </p>

<p>The issue with the regular tour is this… The number is limited by the seats on the small bus that is used. If some folks dont show up, then whoever is first on the waiting list can get those seats.</p>

<p>So, you show up early, get your name on the waiting list, and there are some “no shows” then you can go on that tour. </p>

<p>Yep, @mom2collegekids‌, I’ll be applying to the Honors College. I’ll probably have to drive to AL before I hear back from them though…does the Honors College typically accommodate all requests? </p>

<p>Yes, it does. When are you coming?</p>

<p>Send an email to the HC…in the email to the below listed people, include:
Student’s name and contact info
Date and time of the Campus tour that you’ve reserved.
GPA and test scores (include likely NMSF if applicable)
Likely majors
Career interests (including med, law, etc)
Anything particular that you want to see. If you have an interest in seeing the new Science and Engineering Complex, the TV or radio stations, the B-school or what-have-you, let them know.</p>

<p>Honors Recruitment</p>

<p>Susan Alley
270 Nott Hall
205-348-5599
susan.alley AT ua.edu</p>

<p>Neil Adams
neil.adams AT ua.edu</p>

<p>They will arrange the rest of the day…meeting with faculty, honors people, touring honors dorms, etc.</p>

<p>Sometimes mail goes to their SPAM folders, so call them if you haven’t heard back within a few business days. They do an excellent job and work very hard.</p>

<p>Thanks, @mom2collegekids‌! I had seen that post but wasn’t sure if they were able to take all requests. Thanks for clarifying! :slight_smile: </p>

<p>when will you be on campus?</p>

<p>We got into a tour tomorrow. THANK YOU for all of your help, @mom2collegekids!! </p>

<p>Have fun! Did you contact honors as well?</p>

<p>Let us know how it all goes.</p>

<p>Yep, lots of honors things! Thank you!!!</p>

<p>@mom2collegekids We just set up a tour and under the comment section we asked to talk to someone from the HC, to see a dorm and the new engineering complex. Would you still recommend sending an email to Susan or Neil with Honor’s Recruitment?</p>

<p>Yes! Do that! contact Susan AND Neil…send the email to both.</p>

<p>Send them the info about your son as listed upthread. Let them know your tour time/date as well.</p>

<p>@bandmomof3‌ </p>

<p>Thanks! Woohoo can’t wait. We will be down there Sept 29th. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>@mom2collegekids neil.adams AT ua.edu is not working. However I already received a reply from Susan. </p>

<p>try this
<a href=“mailto:nwadams@ua.edu”>nwadams@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>It looks like that one worked. Thanks. I wish it was the end of September already. I’m looking forward to it more than my DS. :)</p>

<p>We will be there on September 29th also! I’m so excited to see the campus.
I received a email from Susan Alley that the 29th is a Honors Preview Day. Email her from the post above to get signed up.
Has anyone else attended the Honors Preview Day and can tell us what to expect? </p>

<p>@azsun3 Are you taking your S or D? We set up our day with Kayla the new Honor’s recruiter. I didn’t know that was Honors Preview Day. I would like information to on what to expect. </p>

<p>We are taking our daughter. Susan Alley had emailed me and mentioned the Honors Preview Day. I am waiting for her to send me additional information about it. From what another post mentioned that her father passed away so I’m sure she has had a lot on her mind. I’m sure she will get back to me and when she does I’ll post some more info. It might be faster for you to call Kayla and ask her about it. Last I spoke to Susan she was working on our tour schedule. Currently I signed up for a morning school tour. Maybe we’ll get a chance to meet! </p>

<p>I’m excited to see the school. It will be quite a difference than Arizona. I know it sounds funny but I’m wondering how my daughter will like the weather!! We are not used to humidity or cold weather. Everyone else seems to be from colder climates and love it.</p>

<p><a href=“UA's Beautiful Campus - YouTube”>UA's Beautiful Campus - YouTube;

<p>Thanks for sharing the video. I can’t wait to see it in person! It looks beautiful!
Any suggestions for things to do while in Tuscaloosa? We will have a few days to look around before we tour the school. </p>