Last Minute Decision...Nervous!

<p>Well, I know I’m applying a bit toward the late end of things, but I very recently have been thinking that UW-Madison is the best choice for me for Fall semester. I will be transferring there as a Junior, from UW-Stevens Point. I have a few questions that all of you might be able to help with…</p>

<li>What do you suggest writing for the second essay question?? I have no idea…I fit everything I wanted to say in the first statement. </li>
<li>Are letters of recommendation a MUST to get in for transfer students? And do they need to be from professors, or can they be from others? </li>
</ol>

<p>I had a 3.89 GPA in high school, and 3.62 so far in college. Think I’ll be able to get in?? Nervous!! Also, I have not yet had foreign language in college, but have had three years in high school. Is that ok? </p>

<p>Whew. So many questions.</p>

<p>I would recommend that you send in all the paperwork - the second essay is a must for all applicants.</p>

<p>I'd say you're in... I'm applying to Madison for fall semester but with a college GPA of 3.4.. I'm very nervous.</p>

<p>I'm in a similar situation where I wrote most of my information in the 1st essay, but like everyone else said the 2nd one is almost necessary. If you have language in high school, you don't need college. Good luck.</p>

<p>the website says that the second statement is very important</p>

<p>The amount of foreign language required for a degree depends on the school/college and degree- BA/BS. If needed you can take 2 semesters at UW for a BA in L&S, for an L&S BS the 3 units are fine. See the UW catalog for details.</p>