Late admissions acceptance at A&M?

@texasboy12 did you address the 3 drops? I honestly don’t know if they’ll look at that to base their decision. It is a lot to be honest. At tamu you are only allowed 4 and only 6 in Texas so basically you have 3 left at tamu. Again, your gpa is solid for cola and if all else falls positively then hopefully they won’t hold that against you.
Decisions come out by the department so it really just depends on them. My daughter found out at the end of September when she applied for spring. So that’s all the intel I have lol. Ooh go look at the transfer thread on here. There are a lot of students that posted for this fall. Might get some insight from that on timing!!!

Please keep us posted! Good Luck!

@AggieMomhelp Thank you! and do you think it helps my case that I’ve completed all 3 of the required courses and 2/3 recommended courses with all A’s?
Also, if I forgot to mention my drop issue in my essays, is there any way I can write a letter to someone(s) in the admissions department explaining them? If so, who should I write them to? Thank you!

Admissions won’t decide on your application. It’ll be in the history department. I don’t think it will be an issue. If you get denied, you can ask why and with transfer students they may tell you why, with freshmen, they do not. If it’s because of the drops, you may be able to appeal and shed light on why you dropped 3 courses.

@texasboy12, You should make a new thread to ask your question in case the OP wants to come back to her thread. Otherwise, it gets too confusing.

@AggieMomhelp I woke up with 6 TABS!! Does this mean something?? Should I be hearing something back soon?

Lol yes indeed it does. Congrats! Welcome to Aggieland. Official status should change soon!!!

@AggieMomhelp Thank you!! and while my howdy updated to 6 tabs on Sunday, my ais still hasn’t updated yet. Do you have any idea when it should? And as I’m looking through past threads, I’ve seen people mentioning “7 tabs”, and i only have 6… Could that mean anything?

P.S. My tamu e-mail is all set up and everything

Not sure why it hasn’t updated, but fear not. If it hasn’t changed by Friday, then maybe call and ask for the status since you were able to set up email, etc. But I promise, you are admitted.

We are beginning worry here as well. My son has had 6 Tabs for more than 2 weeks and still no change. Also He doesn’t see a TAMU email. His profile says beginning semester “spring 2020” but no email. Should he be concerned?

@collegestationmom That is weird that it hasn’t updated, but could truly be the time of year is so busy for the system??? Under manage application in Howdy, what does it say?

@AggieMomhelp It says in review and he has no email. Under his profile it has preferred by his name and it says beginning term is spring 2020. It also had a checklist to complete before registration. He is trying to keep hopes up but starting to get nervous.

DO NOT get nervous. They just released decisions for freshman 2020, so I’m sure the system is crazy right now.