Late Admissions - Texas A&M

I was wondering if anyone has ever been successful in finding a way to apply late for Texas A&M College Station? I begged my daughter to apply and she kept saying she didn’t want to go there. Then, she got a phone call from a friend that is attending that wants to room with her, and all of a sudden she wants to attend. She has been accepted to UT, Baylor, Texas State, and Texas Tech. I called the admissions office and they basically said there was nothing I could do. However, I was wondering if anyone might have some tips or know of a possible workaround. Thanks in advance!

In the 2+ years I have been following posts on this board - I have never heard of someone being able to even send earlier test scores they forgot to send before the deadline.

Best of my knowledge it is very, very firm.

She will need to attend Blinn and apply as a transfer. With over 50k applications, they are not going to wave the deadline because someone changed their mind and wants to possibly attend. Sorry to sound harsh. At least you can pull the “I told you so” card.

She could apply to be a spring admit though. Has she got her major of choice at UT though? I know I wouldn’t have a kid walk away from that, period.

yes, she has. I just think she loved the idea of attending TAMU with her friend. However, I am sure she will meet wonderful people in Austin and it will be a great education.

Tell her it’s best too that she can come visit A&M and now has a place to stay! She’ll have friends in both places!!

The fact that she’s not going to be able to apply for Fall of 2020, just so she could room with a friend is probably a blessing in disguise. If she had reasons that she believed that TAMU wasn’t a fit before (hence, her refusal to apply), those justifications likely didn’t just disappear because a friend is going. She may just be forgetting them in the fog of potential roommate fun. Having to live with this decision is probably a really good thing.

And, as already mentioned, if she doesn’t like whichever college she decides to attend, she can apply to transfer.

I e-mailed admissions about that same question, but they replied back saying, “Howdy! You can apply later on this year for Spring 2021” That was not necessarily the answer I wanted to hear. It definitely turned me off to them.

@PARKEr2024 What were you wanting to hear? I’m confused. Fall admission deadline is over a month passed. They can’t let people continue to apply after the deadline. Spring 2021 as a freshman, is as early as you can apply for full admit. If you take any college courses after graduating high school, you will have to apply as a transfer student and the earliest time for admission would be summer 2021.

@Parker2424 why was that answer a turn off? You didn’t want to here that, I get it, but if it was so important to apply to TAMU, you should have done it by the deadline. I don’t see how their answer was anything but polite and straight forward. The onus is on the applicant, not the institution.