late soar

<p>does going to soar late in the summer mean that you will get all the crappy classes? I'm not going until july 23-24, will there be any good classes left by then?</p>

<p>hmm i dunno, i hope not! i'm going from the 4th of july - like the 6th or something.</p>

<p>yes. the later you go, the crappier selection you have. it pretty much becomes a scramble to have 12 credits rather than classes you want or need.</p>

<p>that sucks b/c I can't go until early august....****</p>

<p>is it that big of deal tho for freshmen? dont most freshmen have to take the general classes</p>

<p>what about international freshmen? We have SOAR around end of august.</p>

<p>If you're a freshman it really doesn't matter when you goto orientation since most freshman are taking gen ed classes.</p>

<p>they save certain seats for later SOARs</p>

<p>Every SOAR has the same amount of openings in the classes. It doesn't matter which one you go to you will have equal opportunity at the classes of your choice.</p>

<p>I'm going to be overseas for the dates they listed as available. What can I do? I've already sent them an e-mail about it, but i'm still nervous that I won't be able to attend an orientation. :( Is anyone else in this situation?</p>

<p>hey goblue... i am almost positive those are the dates i am scheduled to be at SOAR as well (also due to some scheduling conflicts with my family). well, maybe we'll be able to connect or something.</p>

<p>We are trying to sign up for SOAR on the web site. Are the June dates all taken?</p>

<p>Looks like I solved my own problem- just keep checking back on the SOAR website for available dates. The site updates whenever anyone cancels their reserved session. This morning a bunch of late June- early July ones opened up. :)</p>

<p>Thanks for the info. I called the SOAR office and we got a June date.</p>