Late to sign up for AP exam

One of my students missed the deadline for taking AP physics I. He hopes to take AP physics 1 test in May 2021. His school can’t help. Is there anyway he can still sign up for the test? Any suggestions will be very much appreciaetd!

What do you mean that the school can’t help? Late registration is allowed until March 12, though there is a late registration fee associated.

If the school isn’t offering the exam, or for some reason refuses to late register him, he will need to find a nearby school that is offering the test that will allow him to register through their school. With the current pandemic, this is proving to be difficult to home schooled student, who have to do the same.

There is/may be an alternative if you can’t find a school, but that’s TBD.

If your school doesn’t offer the exam you want to take, you’ll need to arrange to take the exam at a local school that does administer it.

Your first step is to search the AP Course Ledger. The AP Course Ledger is the official, up-to-date, comprehensive list of schools that have passed the AP Course Audit. You can search by country, state/province, or city to find a school where you might be able to test. After finding schools near you that offer the course or courses you want to take exams for, do an internet search for the school’s main phone number. Then call and ask to speak with the school’s AP coordinator to ask if the school is planning to allow homeschooled students to test there this year.

The deadline for exam ordering will be extended to March 12 for any students unable to find a school to order an AP Exam for them by November 13. In early 2021, we will share details about a contingency testing option for students unable to test in a school.

The situation is this: His school which is a private school, doesn’t offer AP physics. So his teacher is not registered with CB. He tried a local public school that offers AP physics. The school says since he is not a student in their system, they can’t help.

Is there a way to sign up with CB directly? or any other suggestions?

I teach AP physics for a school outside my work. Because of pandemic, many schools have teachers outside the area so I was hired. I sort of know the AP audit process. It’s not too bad but it takes time for the teacher to register with CB. I am guessing the local school teacher doesn’t want to take the time, esp. since he is not in the public school system and he is late.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

No. All you can do is contact more schools. But a you found, most are unwillingly to allow non-studeents to register because if the pandemic.

Thus may change if the CB opts for online testing this year. But they have not committed to that.

Were you able to find a school to order the test? My daughter is in an online school and we’re in a bit of a panic. We just need a school to be willing to order the test for her and then she can take it online. But we have been calling far and wide and can’t find anyone willing to do this. :slightly_frowning_face: Deadline is midnight EST tomorrow, so I’m losing hope.

Never mind! Crisis averted…we found a school one state over whose AP Coordinator was willing to help! :tada:

Hi - could you let us know which school you found as we are really struggling to find one!

This thread is quite old and the poster hasn’t been back to CC in quite some time. I’m going to close this and recommend that you post a new thread to see if you can find current information.