Laundry Hampers

<p>Can anyone share what has worked well for a laundry hamper and why?</p>

<p>S1 who had a traditional dorm room used a pop up hamper which is still going strong after years of use. I ordered S2 the same pop up hamper made by the same company and it’s already broken after a couple of months of home use so now have to rethink that choice.</p>

<p>I saw these bins at last night. Has anyone used something similar?</p>

<p>[Amazon.com:</a> Sterilite 12828006 Large Wheeled Stacking Basket with Titanium Handles and Wheels, White, 6-Pack: Home & Kitchen](<a href=“http://www.amazon.com/Sterilite-12828006-Wheeled-Stacking-Titanium/dp/B001QFYYS2]Amazon.com:”>http://www.amazon.com/Sterilite-12828006-Wheeled-Stacking-Titanium/dp/B001QFYYS2)</p>

<p>That is the hamper my girls use here at home! I really like it. It is kept in their bathroom closet upstairs and the handles are nice for carrying downstairs on laundry day. They’ve had a it at least a couple of years…probably more like 5+ and it has held up well. It should fit in a dorm closet.</p>

<p>One of those large cloth ones. Simple, cheap, durable, easy to repair, and easy to transport.</p>

<p>We got one of the pop up hampers for our son 5 years ago, and its still works fine. I like that its easy to compact down and breaths with the mesh side.</p>

<p>I used to love the mesh pop-up hampers, but maybe they aren’t being made as well. Now, it seems, they fall apart quite quickly. However, they are still great for transporting things to the dorm for move in/move out. They’ll stand like soldiers packed with stuff in the back of a SUV, then fold-down to nothing when not in use. </p>

<p>For laundry, we now use tall hampers - one white and one color. I found some at Walmart that seem to work very well and carry easily. Since they aren’t hard plastic (they’re softer plastic), you can actually carry two hampers at a time.</p>

<p>I’ll try to find a link.</p>

<p>the best hamper we have ever had is the round popup one from ikea.</p>

<p>it is large and durable.</p>

<p>all the mesh ones we have had have fallen apart.</p>

<p>^ Which one? The only pop up I see looks like it’s mesh. </p>

<p>[FYLLEN</a> Laundry basket - gray - IKEA](<a href=“Products - IKEA”>Products - IKEA)</p>

<p>I’ve had the same mesh pop up hamper all three years of college. It has worked well, and I think I got it from Target.</p>

<p>On the topic of laundry, does anyone know how much it costs to do a load of laundry?</p>

<p>At BB we were told that is it $1.25 a load to wash and $1.25 to dry a load, so total of $2.50 a load to wash and dry. :-)</p>

<p>Here’s a tip I learned at BB: The dryers are big enough to accomodae two (2) washer loads, thus saving you a buck and a quarter.</p>

<p>You’re welcome.</p>