Learning Communities

<p>I've been considering different housing options and I am really interested in the Bradley Learning Community. Is there anyone who can give me the pros and cons of learning communities? Is there anyone who has lived in Bradley that can give me advice or share their opinions?</p>

<p>My brother lived in Bradley, so I know a little about it. He said that his floor was fairly social, but other floors not so much. He only got placed in Bradley because he put all of the lakeshore dorms down first. He knew several other kids that did this, and they all had really good times in the dorms. Most of his friends now (he’s a senior) are the ones he roomed with at Bradley. He did say, however, that there were some kids who really weren’t too social. It sounds to me as if there is a decent mix of kids who want to have a good time and make friends and those who just want to study alone by themselves. He’s a fairly social guy himself, so for him to have found good friends at Bradley, it must really offer a good mix of kids. I would say that Bradley probably is a very solid mix of kids.
Also, Chadbourne is also a learning community, but it’s right in the middle of campus. I don’t know how much you know about the area, but it’s the best location a dorm can get. If i do end up going to UW, I would definitely consider Chadbourne (it’s a sizable walk to get anywhere from Bradley)
That being said, I believe that Bradley would offer you a very good first year and you would probably end up with tons of friends if you live there.</p>

<p>Thanks, that was really helpful!</p>