Lease Turnover

<p>So as many of you know, Madison has the situation in which basically everyone's leases end the 14th and new ones begin the 16th. I was just wondering what people do in the interim? Do they find a friend to stay with, camp in the street, get a hotel? Share some of your experiences haha.</p>

<p>The Madison papers covered this extensively last year. Many just stay up all night and mingle.</p>

<p>UW also provided place(s) to stay SERF?- shelter in case of bad weather. Any personal storoes would be fun to hear about. Many will have gone home for the summer (think sublets) and it was not an issue.</p>

<p>Perhaps I’ll look back through the paper archives for some articles.</p>

<p>Hey wis, by chance do you know if SERF will be open to stay in regardless? I will be arriving on the 15th and without somewhere to stay unless I can bum a couch off a friend who has retained their place. </p>

<p>Oh and random thought, would I have to pay that summer due to the SERF if I wanted to go workout between the 15th and labor day or does that count under fall semester?</p>

<p>Info on the Rec Sports / SERF website states that Fall hours begin Monday, August 23rd. You may want to call regarding the $15 summer fee.</p>

<p><a href=“University Recreation & Wellbeing – Play hard. Get fit. Live well. – UW–Madison”>University Recreation & Wellbeing – Play hard. Get fit. Live well. – UW–Madison;

<p>SCHEDULE</p>

<p>This schedule is subject to change. For current daily schedule - SERF Hotline (608) 262-4756. Reservations and additional information - SERF Program Office (608) 262-8244.</p>

<p>Here’s one story from a few years ago and pix.</p>

<p>[Students</a>, Landlords Navigate Chaos Of Moving Day - Madison News Story - WISC Madison](<a href=“http://www.channel3000.com/news/13895324/detail.html]Students”>http://www.channel3000.com/news/13895324/detail.html)</p>

<p>Presuming you’re in town now check with the Union for any info on move out day activities. There was no official sleeping place, just places to be out of the weather from what I remember. Check last year’s Wis State Journal and CC posts from last August.</p>