LECOM Early Acceptance Program

This is the info about LECOM - Early Acceptance Program | Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine

Example feeder school - (Ohio Wesleyan BSDO with LECOM) -

Apply according to the undergrad first year student admission requirement -
https://www.owu.edu/admission/apply/first-year-students/

its timeline
https://www.owu.edu/academics/departments-programs/medical-health-professions/pre-medicine-pre-dentistry-major/lake-erie-college-of-osteopathic-medicine-early-acceptance-program/timeline/

Each feeder will have a different date. See a list of feeders https://lecom.edu/content/uploads/2021/03/Affiliate-list-7-28-2021.pdf

It is my understanding that in the past cycle they changed the process a lot. It is not rolling admissions anymore. Instead, they release their decisions in March. Also, I got a feeling that LECOM EAP became more competitive, but not sure if I am correct. Also, not sure if they changed the number of spots or not. Maybe somebody has any info they are willing to share. Especially if they applied in the most recent cycle.

They release decisions in 2nd-3rd week of march. IDK much about seat size but competition has definitely gone up bc i know of ppl with 1400s-1500s with good ecs and recs that have gotten rejected, and this competition may go up in next couple years. I applied in recent cycle and got in to the program so if anyone has questions please lmk

This is exactly what I am trying to understand: why? What were those applicants lacking? And why were others accepted? What made them stand out?

Many more questions than answers :slight_smile: .

@Vicky2019 , do you know anything about recent program updates?

no, not really.

You can take a look at the LECOM early acceptance program details here - Early Acceptance Program | Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine

You can post here to find out from other seniors and senior students - Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, Vicky!

1 Like

Hi.
I have a question regard of gannon/ pcom.
Isnt is guarnteed program any more?
Do u know which route get in pcom as high school senior?
Thank you

@ConcernedMom01 - Here is the link to the program for high schoolers: - Gannon University | PCOM 4+4 Medicine

As far as your question - I am not familiar with this program and am not sure if anything changed from before. In general, BSDO programs usually provide no guarantee of admission. If you meet the requirements in Gannon, you will have a guaranteed interview.

Also carefully note that the PCOM will admit up to three (3) students total from Gannon University’s medical affiliation programs. Additional students may be considered on an individual basis and at the discretion of PCOM.

If your kid is a raising High School senior and looking to apply to BS MD and BS DO programs, I urge you to apply broadly to 10-12 of these programs and also include 5-6 regular UG institutions as well.

I think it is guaranteed interview only.
I am not aware of any guaranteed (provisional) admission with PCOM.
If I am wrong, I hope somebody will correct me.

Is anybody applying to LECOM EAP this upcoming cycle?

re: Gannon/PCOM

I spoke with an advisor at Gannon last year. It is not a guaranteed program. They only guarantee an interview with PCOM.

Gannon/PCOM does not even have an interview process for selection into BSDO. If you selected, you will get a letter in the mail.

1 Like

I guess if you are set on Gannon anyway, guaranteed interview is better than nothing.
Gannon also has an agreement with LECOM.

Is anybody applying or planning to apply to LECOM EAP this cycle?

Hi 2018Summer2018,
My D applied on December and got information session on April 14, 2023. That is only date she got. She email Dustin Cassel for earlier date as we heard that LECOM make decisions in March. Is it too late? What is their deadline for interview?
Any advice?

Thanks
qumruz88

Can anyone respond my question? Really like to know whether LECOM has interview cut off date? Is it March?

Thanks
Qumruz88

Last cycle they indeed made decisions in March. This cycle it is rolling acceptance and the cycle goes until May 31st. So, you are fine.

Thanks a lot for your response! Does she have less chance to get accepted because of late interview? As it is rolling all the spots will fill out? Any thoughts!
Thanks

I asked that question. They said the timing of the interview does not matter.

2 Likes

Hi! I am a rising high school senior and I am interested in applying to the LECOM EAP. Could you please share your stats (SAT score, gpa, etc.) and extracurriculars that got you in? Thanks!!