LEDA Scholars Application 2020-2021

Hey! The applications for LEDA will be posted sometime in September, but I figured I might start a thread ! :). A bit of background: Leadership Enterprise for a Diverse America is an all-expenses paid seven-week summer program at Princeton University for low-income students. I’ve heard so much about it so I’m really excited.

1 Like

Can you post a website with more details? E.g. who is eligible for applying (which grade)? TIA

These link are more information on the program

Its available to only high school juniors who come from low income backgrounds and are doing very well in school and there community.

These link are more information on the program

Its available to only high school juniors who come from low income backgrounds and are doing very well in school and there community.

Oh wow, there’s already a thread for this? I’m also planning to apply this year, I’ve heard a lot about this program so I’m also very excited! I’m not sure if their target audience fits me perfectly (I’m an asian male who’s low income and first gen) but it doesn’t hurt to try :smile:

Hey guys! I’m a LEDA Cohort 16 scholar. Feel free to ask me questions! I probably will respond faster over Instagram then on here, but still feel free to drop some questions here. My handle is @ritwiktatertot. So glad to see you all ready to apply!

Hey prospective Co.17 scholars!! I’m part of Co.16 and would love to help you all out. Feel free to contact me here or on instagram @silly.sama <3 good luck to you all : )

hi im erick! there’s a group chat for co17 applicants ? i’m applying as well and my instagram is @nottherealerik if you want to be added to the gc ?

Does anyone know exactly when the application will open?

Hi, fellow C16 scholar here :slight_smile: (at 10outof10ken on instant gram–follow at ledacohort16 !) We only know it opens in September, so keep checking in! Join the groupme by DM-ing me or one of the other scholars (Erick, Sama, or Ritwik) above! So proud of you guys already!

The application is live!!! Wishing you all the best on this journey!!

I noticed that there’s a section for listing additional programs that the applicant is applying to on the LEDA application. Would listing one or two affect my chance of acceptance? I’m super scared right now.

You are allowed to apply to other programs and you shouldn’t put all your eggs in one basket. I know that if you are selected as a LEDA Scholar, you are not allowed to attend other programs :slight_smile:

Hello! I am obviously a couple of months late lol. My guidance counselor told us about this program one week before the deadline, I am freaking out because the app is due tomorrow at 11:59 PM. Did anyone get in after procrastinating an essay? I genuinely don’t see myself getting in, but I would really like this opportunity.

don’t worry! i was in the same boat. i literally found out about the application two days before the deadline. i managed to finish on time but i’m worried about whether i’ll make it past round 2 of admissions.

Good luck, I hope you get in!!! It makes me feel slightly better that other people were also in the same boat loll. Hopefully it’ll all work out :relaxed:

1 Like

does anyone know when they will release the results for round 2 of LEDA?

According to their website, they said sometime Late February-March applicants will be notified about Part 1 of the process and those who will advance to Part 2 will be noticed and submit necessary information!

Has anyone gotten any updates yet?

no, not yet. i believe that they should come around the 25th of this month, but who knows. fingers crossed!