LEDA Scholars Application 2020-2021

okay thanks anyways :sob: I hope that itā€™s a good sign

Does anyone know anyone that made it to round 2 but didnā€™t make it to round 3?

Also, anyone know how many people even made it to round 2 from round 1? Feels like no ones got rejected :sob:

Sorry I have no clue, I googled it but couldnā€™t find anything. I totally get where youā€™re coming from but Iā€™ve only seen about 4-5 acceptances in this thread so far. Iā€™m sure ppl got rejected unfortunately. Also Iā€™m kinda scared bc I was reading the thread for 2015 and they accidentally sent an email accepting everyone and had to fix the error :skull:

Plus they are probably still reviewing application right now! They probably keep admission statistics hidden so people donā€™t discourage to apply since itā€™s known to be competitive.

1 Like

Def true. It can also be that theyā€™re planning on sending acceptances to round II and rejections on different days

I donā€™t know, I donā€™t think LEDA is that competitive. I heard there were about 400-500 applicants and 100 accepted a few years back.
also i think they already reviewed the acceptances to round 2 since me and my friend got them around 2 minutes apart lol

I got into round 2 as well! Super surprised, considering I completed the application a week before the deadline. Iā€™m wondering if applicants who are below the income cutoff and are academically fit for the program are guaranteed for round 3?

Congrats!!! Tbh Iā€™m not completely sure bc they also asked for SAT/ACT scores and AP scores if we have any. I donā€™t think standardized test scores are gonna be a big deal this year bc of corona and everything but I canā€™t tell if theyā€™re also gonna use it to determine who qualifies for round 3

Definitely agree. Does anyone know alumni who have shared their experiences with the application process and interviews??

Idk anyone personally but if you scroll back to the top of this thread, some alumni from cohort 16 offered to help and dropped their ig accounts Iā€™m pretty sure :slight_smile:

When you guys click on the submit application for round two, do you get a confirmation email?
Cuz I donā€™t and Iā€™m worried my application isnā€™t sending lol.

I did get one for round 1 but I havenā€™t submitted it yet for round 2. Iā€™m gonna send it tomorrow morning so Iā€™ll let you know as soon as I do. I read that some people were having trouble with this in the past years but received the confirmation email some hours later. If you donā€™t get anything by 6 PM EST tomorrow, def email admissions

I actually had the same question and I emailed them about it. They said my application went through so Iā€™m guessing thereā€™s not supposed to be a confirmation email.

Update: I just submitted mine and I received a confirmation email stating ā€œYou have successfully submitted Part II of the LEDA application.ā€

Thanks! Iā€™m going to email them.

1 Like

Has anyone been informed of part 3?

Not yet, the website says that we should know at the end of March or beginning of April so Iā€™m assuming that theyā€™ll get back to us between March 25th and April 5th

Uhhh did they email anyone else saying that you submitted the wrong tax papers or just me? Now Iā€™m scared :upside_down_face:

i got it too ahaha, dont worry youā€™re not alone :blush:

1 Like

okay thank you!! I am slightly relieved now :sweat_smile: