LEDA Scholars Application 2021-2022

Hey I made it passed the interview stage as well!! I am waiting for results now O_O

I got waitlisted I mean I’m really sad, but it’s not a no.

just got my results back - I was waitlisted too : ( honestly I think it’s because my interview sounded too scripted but hey, it is what it is at this point. how did the rest of y’all do?

2 Likes

Me too I was waitlisted I was really sad, Who did you have your interview with. One question caught me off guard and I was struggling which is probably why I was waitlisted.

How did the rest of you guys do?

i got rejected sadly :frowning:

I had mine with Iris, and ngl it kinda took me by surprise how fast she moved if that makes sense? like we got right into the questions and her taking notes throughout the interview stressed me out even more. and same, the questions (especially the ones like “tell me about a time where…”) weren’t easy, at least for me : (

what question was hard for you, and who did you have yours with?

I’m sorry, this year must’ve been really competitive : ( wonder how many cuts they had to make bc it sure seems like it was quite a few

hey, just wondering what your waitlisted email said. I got rejected unfortunately.

also did anyone get accepted

I’m sorry to hear yall’s results :frowning: i got in

Same, I felt kinda stressed in my interview, I had to take some pauses to think but it felt like we moved on from question to question quite fast. In particular the one about a disagreement with a peer or teacher was difficult because I couldn’t think of an important one off the top of my head.

I emailed her a few days after to clarify some of the questions I felt I didn’t answer properly, which maybe helped? Because I did end up getting accepted. But it could’ve been anything really

hello, when you emailed them clarifications for questions, how did they respond.

CONGRATS, what did they say in the acceptance email. (If you don’t mind sharing)

It’s a really long email, so I’ll just share some small snippets:

"Congratulations! You have been selected to become a LEDA Scholar!

It is our pleasure to be able to offer you admission to the eighteenth cohort of the LEDA Scholars Program. LEDA believes in your potential as a leader and a Scholar, and we want to support you as you work towards attaining your goals. We have been deeply impressed by your drive, your academic accomplishments, and your character, and we hope you will join the LEDA community."

“Thank you very much for your fortitude, patience, and cooperation throughout the past few months. We sincerely hope you will accept a place in the LEDA Scholars Program and that your experience in the program will be a rewarding and productive part of your education and development.”

they didn’t respond, actually! I asked my brother if that was normal and he said that usually they wouldn’t respond to those emails.

this is what mine said:

"On behalf of the LEDA recruitment team I would like to thank you for all of the hard work you put into your application and for taking the time to speak with us about your life experiences.

At this time we would like to offer you a place on the waitlist. If space opens up you will be automatically considered for admission unless you let us know by email that you are no longer interested.

Please know that our waitlist is not ranked and that it’s impossible to predict how many spots will open in the cohort. All waitlisted students will receive a final decision by May 13th.

This invitation to our waitlist is in recognition of your outstanding performance throughout this process and your many accomplishments in High School.

Thank you,

Iris, Ashlea, Isabel"

same, the questions moved really fast and it was so hard to think of a response quickly! that’s such a smart idea, I wish I thought to do the same. who knows, it could’ve made all the difference.

congrats though, I’m so happy you got in - we all worked hard and I know you deserve this! hope you have a wonderful summer : )

has anybody gotten off the waitlist yet?

I too am wondering if anyone on the waitlist has heard anything yet.