Lessons I Learned This Year

<p>RTRMom, my D is a CS major. First semester she took EN 103 and also the Honors Freshman Year Experience class. I think you get one honors credit, but it’s just pass or fail. That worked out well for her. Yes, EN 103 is offered second semester.</p>

<p>but I think S will enjoy having a non-technical class in the mix</p>

<p>I agree…but I’d choose something else. I would go with Eng 103 in the spring.</p>

<p>Has anyone had any of the following UH210 courses?</p>

<p>Arts and Parody
Behind the British Mask
Documentary Film Making
Ideology of Cinema
Cinema of the 70’s</p>

<p>Are any of them particularly difficult to get into as a first semester freshman?</p>

<p>I think when I looked, all of the UH210 classes are filled up already.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Aren’t grades posted online throughout the semester? Is it not linked through MyBama?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I was thinking the same thing! :)</p>

<p>Though not a student, I learned a lesson this year. Forwarding emails to your child to check out job opportunities, club meetings, interesting classes or social activities will only get your child to change their password on mybama and their email. And don’t even ask about the opposite sex. Or the same sex, for that matter. The helicopter has been grounded.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Sounds like a crash landing. At least you walked away from it. :)</p>

<p>Sounds like the weekly allowance wasn’t tied to an all-access pass. I’ll have to remember to put that in the contract! lol</p>

<p>*
Arts and Parody
Behind the British Mask
Documentary Film Making
Ideology of Cinema
Cinema of the 70’s</p>

<p>Are any of them particularly difficult to get into as a first semester freshman?*</p>

<p>My son LOVED Fine Arts and Parody.</p>

<p>I don’t know how hard any of these classes are to get into as a frosh. I do know that in the past, many honors classes do have openings for frosh.</p>

<p>Montegut: Ouch!</p>

<p>Midterm grades are posted on MyBama under “mid-term grades” but it depends on your teacher. I believe it is only for 100 and 200 level classes too.</p>

<p>The “E-Learning” tab is where the teacher will post every grade if they want. Some of my D’s teachers posted all the grades, a few grades, or not at all.</p>

<p>There is another “Get on Board Day” in the spring. </p>

<p>Clubs can be very flexible as to when you join. Sometimes your fall nighttime schedule doesn’t allow you to make the club meetings but your schedule opens up in the spring.</p>

<p>This sounds good, espeically as I understand girls who pledge will have nearly eery night of the week spoken for with sorority obligations.</p>

<p>haha! the sorority will probably require the girls to go to get on board day and get involved with 2 - 3 organizations. : )</p>

<p>I’m sure you are correct. They’ll need a spreadsheet with meeting times so that peeps can narrow their focus to groups with meetings they can actually hope to attend! </p>

<p>“Oh, I can join Basketweavers of Cajun Origin! They meet the third Tuesday at 2pm and I’m free then!!!”</p>

<p>you got it! : )</p>