Let's get a list of those who have decided to attend Miami for 2006!!

<p>jaxmo, i'm in the same situation...
3/4 scholarship plus bright futures from miami makes it almost free (with the exception of room and board), with nothing from wash u or nyu. plus miami is less than 2 hours from home and i have so many friends there.
tough decision...</p>

<p>Can WashU really be 4 or 5 times better than Miami? We figure Miami will be $10-12,000 per year total while Wash U is $45 +/-. We are in north FL, so the drive south is about 5 1/2 hrs, but doable. He is also accepted to W&L (very different, but maybe worth the $$$ for really excellent undergrad-focused experience). WashU and UMiami are similar in size and scope. No doubt WashU is academically best, but the kid needs to be happy and excited about being there. I'm sure we'll be evaluating all the way to May 1. There is also Duke... and UF Honors is no doubt an excellent choice as well. Quandry.</p>

<p>for facebook, where its says school e-mail,what do i put b/c i havent gotten my personal umiami e-mail yet?</p>

<p>rubberbandman > i think it would be your first name initial, dot, your full last name @umiami.edu</p>

<p>for example, if your name is tom smith it should be <a href="mailto:t.smith@umiami.edu">t.smith@umiami.edu</a> because mine is like that (my name is not tom smith btw). it's a forward mail though. i haven't tried using it to set up a facebook account but it should work.</p>

<p>damn, i havent heard anything from UM yet....and i live in florida? is anybody else in the same situation as me? myUM still doesn't show anything new and i havent recieved an email/mail/phone call or anything from the school.</p>

<p>Somewhat correct about your UM e-mail address. Remember though....you may have numbers or additional things in your e-mail if you happen to have the same name as a student who already attends. Using blackchicken's example: If there are two t. smiths, one may be tsmith1 and one may be tsmith2. Also....the umiami.edu address is basically a forwarding service. I know anything I send my son e-mail to umiami.edu eventually ends up at a completely different e-mail address.<br>
By just guessing your e-mail, you may end up sending mail to a current student......</p>

<p>oh yea i remember now.. they let us pick one address earlier at some point right? that's probably what i chose for mine.. so ok rubberbandman yours could be different.. sorry about the wrong info! :)</p>

<p>dont worry b-chick i found my school e-mail on myum. it turned out that everthing is just sent to my regular e-mail. but i finally made my facebook:)</p>

<p>haha i like that name 'b-chick'.</p>

<p>I got accepted to transfer there and will live on campus. See you this fall!!</p>

<p>wow there are more people on facebook and myspace than i thought there would be.. i mean, for class 2010 we've already got about 250 members..</p>

<p>i'll be at miami next year</p>

<p>I'm on board UM transfer for Fall 2006</p>

<p>It strongly looks like I will be at Miami next year. Guess I'll see you guys in the fall =P</p>

<p>My son is considering UM , he is down to earth and not into going to clubs and football games. he is into music and theatre and tennis. he willlikely major in anthropology and communications. Any one know anything about those majors? Will he find his fit at UM. any ideas out there?</p>

<p>There's about an 80% chance I'll end up at Miami, at the Frost School of Music for a double major BA degree in Music and Theatre. Just have to visit Indiana to see if I could possibly fall in love with it more then UM- and I doubt that will happen!</p>

<p>ndd- Tons of Music and Theatre at the U! I sang with the Miami Chorale while auditioning for the school, its open to all majors, and they are amazing! Music School is top notch, with a world renowned Jazz program. It's also a highly regarded theatre school.</p>

<p>When you guys make the final decision to attend UM, please drop in to the Parent's Forum and post under the "Final Decisions" thread. Students are grouped under the school they will attend and it's nice for all parents to see the master list. Thanks and good luck to you all. Go Canes!</p>

<p>HI , we just put our money down and my son will be joining you all at UM. He is majoring in comunications and anthropology. Thanks for all your support in helping make the decision.</p>

<p>Congratulations, it looks like the class of 2010 will be a great one!</p>

<p>My son will also attend UM in 2006. He is also down to earth and not into clubbing and hoping to find others like him. He has a myspace and recently started on facebook and is enjoying talking to other future UMer's. He has not as yet declared a major and is going undecided. Has to pick his course selections soon. </p>

<p>Wishing you and your kids a great year ahead at UM!</p>