Lewis and Clark infos

<p>hello,
I'm going to apply to LC for next year.
I wanted to know if someone could inform me on the kind of people there are at LC, if it is easy to fit in and feel confortable.
I come from Paris so it's quite a long way, that's why I want to make sure I'm making the right decision. Therefore, if anyone has any useful information to give me, it would be great. </p>

<p>Is the city close to the campus ? Is it easy to go around without having a car ? </p>

<p>Is the rain really as abundant as everyone says ? </p>

<p>Thank you very much for your answers.</p>

<p>Hi, I recently dropped off my son there, so I can’t answer all your questions, but I’ll try to answer some. First, the campus is technically in the city of Portland, but it’s located in a residential area, away from the downtown area. The school does provide access to the downtown area with a shuttle bus service. There is also a public transportation system available. So far, my son has gone into the downtown area several times using the shuttle. I believe they discourage freshmen and sophomores from driving their personal vehicles.</p>

<p>Abundant rainfall is a matter of perspective. Where we live, Portland’s rainfall is not abundant. Of course, we live in an area with 100+ inches of rain compared to Portland’s 36 inches. My son was actually wishing it would rain more.</p>

<p>I would consider L&C to be a very liberal environment. If that is what you want, you should fit in well. Class sizes are small. My son’s largest class has 45-55 students and his smallest is 11 students. Some upper division classes may have 4-6 in the class. </p>

<p>One thing that my son doesn’t like is the food choice. They seem to lean towards vegetarian and vegan type dishes. They just throw some kind of meat into them for the non-vegetarian/vegan version. My son likes to eat meat, so he enjoys an occasional trip to the near by Burger King.</p>

<p>International students feel quite at home at Lewis & Clark. The student body is tolerant of and interested in people of different backgrounds. There are a lot of students from foreign countries. In addition, the majority of students spend at least one semester abroad. When I went to Lewis & Clark, I spent a year living in Nancy, France!</p>

<p>Like Akck I have a freshman student at L&C. My DD goes downtown weekly on the shuttle (mostly to Powell’s book store). DD has one roommate who is an international (from China) and gets along with her and her other roommates (she’s in a quad room). Internationals are welcomed at L&C.</p>