Lewis & Clark College vs. University of Puget Sound

I got into both UPS and L&C and am having a hard time deciding between the two. I liked L&C a lot better than UPS when I visited last spring but that was probably because I had a lousy tour guide. However, I liked the vibe at Lewis & Clark better than UPS and I love Portland. Right now I’m leaning towards L&C but am hesitant to commit because I feel like UPS is a better school in terms of academics, if only just slightly. What is the general consensus on that? Which school has a better reputation? I want to study environmental science but I’m also really interested in media studies and love public relations so I could also see myself in that field.
I’m also considering Earlham and Hampshire. Hampshire seems a little too progressive for me and the kids at Earlham seem too quirky. Do either of them rank better than Lewis & Clark or Puget Sound? I know I shouldn’t be concerned with rankings or acceptance rates, but I can’t help it. :frowning:
I’m also thinking about transferring to Pitzer College. I didn’t get in but still love the school so much. Which college would give me the best advantage/leg up when considering that?

The difference in academic standing between UPS and L&C is marginal at best, the schools will educate you about as well as each other. Also, Forbes actually ranks L&C higher than UPS in ranking, so you could actually argue UPS has less acclaim, making L&C a better place to consider transferring from.

As for Earlham and Hampshire, if you don’t like your initial gut feeling, I would advise against them, your other options seem more promising.

Really, though, both L&C and UPS are great schools, and if you know you wanna transfer, I’d go to the cheaper one. If you plan on staying, I’d choose Lewis and Clark.

My nephew graduated from UPS a couple years ago and loved it.