Lewis & Clark EA Class of 2025

I know it’s early, but I thought I would start the thread. Best wishes to all of the students!

My daughter applied, along with University of Puget Sound, Whitman, and Occidental. Not sure if she actually has a favorite yet at this point. Based on campuses alone (which we visited on DIY tours during Covid closures) I think she liked the more traditional campuses of University of Puget Sound and Occidental to the more woodsy modern feel of Lewis & Clark. Lewis & Clark might actually be too close for her taste as we live across the river in WA but only about 25 min from the Lewis & Clark campus if traffic is light. But if Lewis & Clark comes through with an attractive merit aid package it will be right there in the running.

1 Like

@Camasite those are all great colleges! We didn’t get to visit Lewis & Clark before things shut down, but have visited Portland and other parts of Oregon many times and we loved it. Based on the virtual tours, the campus looks beautiful. Fingers crossed for great admission and merit decisions for both of our daughters!?

I was admitted EA last-year (though attend another school), but feel free to ask any questions you might have about the admissions/merit scholarship process (I got ~30K/year).

1 Like

Thanks, @PikachuRocks15 ! I know things change every year (and of course this year is it’s own kind of weird), but would you mind sharing your GPA and SAT/ACT for a point of reference? Thanks again!

1 Like

@MtnMama123 I had a 3.9 UW, 4.4 W, and a 35 ACT. I think ~2-3K was b/c I lived in the PNW, but this year L&C is not considering test scores in merit scholarship decisions: https://college.lclark.edu/offices/admissions/apply/portfolio_path/

Hi @paytonwhitesell - it looks like people posted EA decisions around 12/18 or 12/19 the past couple of years. So MAYBE the end of next week??? Lewis & Clark has been test optional for a very long time, so I wouldn’t stress over that! Wishing you the best! :slightly_smiling_face:

Just saw on Lewis & Clark’s Instagram story a note of congratulations to those accepted ED. So hopefully EA will be soon!

1 Like

Willamette EA decisions just emailed. Hopefully L&C is any time now!

1 Like

Saw they just sent an email that decisions would be shared at 6PM Pacific time on December 16. Did you all get that same email? Ours was a pretty generic tone, so wondering if everyone got the same one, or people getting accepted may have gotten a “good news is on the way” type of email, like they sent in the past. Here was what we got - same for everyone or different versions?

"Thank you for your continued interest in Lewis & Clark College!

Your admissions decision will become available through your [Pioneer Portal] after 6pm Pacific Time on Wednesday, December 16th, 2020. Once decisions become available, you will see a “Status Update” section in your Pioneer Portal. Click “View Update” to read the decision letter(s) posted to your account."

My daughter’s email didn’t have the “good news is on the way” they used last year.

I am hoping no one’s says that - LOL - so there is hope! Thanks for chiming in. Really, really hoping mine gets into L&C.

1 Like

Momtime - My son got the same email yesterday!

1 Like

There’s a countdown on the Lewis & Clark Instagram story! EA decisions in 21 hours 36 minutes (and counting)! Wishing the best to all of the students who have worked so hard!

1 Like

Ugh. The waiting. My D went into this feeling fairly confident about L&C, but after an outright rejection earlier this week we are both now on pins and needles.

1 Like

Wishing you both the best! We’re anxiously awaiting as well. And my D has another one due at the same time. Stressful!

1 Like

31 minutes until they post!!!

I got accepted!! I’m so happy!

2 Likes

Yea! My daughter was accepted with the offer of a Faculty Scholarship! ($29,500/yr). So excited!!

1 Like

My son got in!!! Offered a Pioneer Award ($22k per year) We’re doing a happy dance!!!

1 Like