Liberal kid who wants a Western Equestrian club/team - Suggestions for LACs?

That’s certainly an idea. Her seat is 100% Western, and she’s never done jumping (on purpose, anyway!) I’ll ask her if she’d be open to hunt seat. Thx!

1 Like

What about clubs or large stables near a campus where she could ride or teach? Maybe start by finding schools she likes and then look for riding opportunities.

Last time we were in Gettysburg we toured the battlefields by horse. The tour guide had an entourage of riding assistants. Some looked like college students.

Maybe something close to a national park?

1 Like

Western riding? Head west.

Colorado School of Mines has a team and is also very near an established program where girls ride from age 9-19 ride. They compete as well as ride in exhibitions (like at the National Western Stock Show), parades, etc. I think the MInes team uses the same facilities. General Info — Westernaires

U of Wyoming

It’s not liberal, but not as conservative as you’d think.

@cacmom Many people really like UC Davis as well as the surrounding area!

UC Davis actually admits OOS students at a pretty good rate. If I recall correctly, their OOS admit rate is around 60%.

1 Like

Not a small school but I adored UC Davis and loved riding there.

I mean, even the hunt seat programs do remarkably well- as an English competitive (A/AA circuit) rider I don’t know much of the Western programs, but I’ve applied to a handful of LACs and liberal schools and I can say that the English programs are also wonderful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hollins U! A women’s school. My daughter graduated from there & was on the E team. She was a novice but they have some excellent riders!

1 Like

Check out Albion college in Michigan. They have varsity Hunt and Western teams.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.