Life after Geneseo

<p>What do you want to know?</p>

<p>Did you go to graduate school?</p>

<p>Yep. NYU most of my friends that I remain in contact with did as well.</p>

<p>Very nice, were your grades top of the line or does NYU see Geneseo as challenging school and competitive school?</p>

<p>I was at the top of my class at NYU. Geneseo prepares you well for graduate school. </p>

<p>I don't think you need to worry about name recognition. The people who need to know about Geneseo know. </p>

<p>I graduated from Geneseo with no debt and I just made my last NYU loan payment. DEBT free!! Well, still have a mortgage to pay.</p>

<p>That's awesome, I'm gonna be in debt like $54,000 after Suny Geneseo, but I guess that beats $75K-$100K at universities.</p>

<p>If I remember correctly my first job after graduating from Geneseo paid in the low to mid 40's. 54k debt in that salary range is so much better than 100k which some of the privates would run. I was just a firm believer in saving money on my undergraduate education because I knew I would be going on for Grad School. </p>

<p>In my field, hospital administration, it was really the master's degree everyone was looking at anyway. Geneseo did help me get my foot in the door at a couple of places though.</p>

<p>My decision to go to Geneseo wasn't easy either. I was also accepted to a few prestigious privates but did not want to take on the debt that came with it. </p>

<p>I have no regrets looking back. I knew the day I visited Geneseo that I made the right decision. Not only are the academics top rate but the school spirit is contagious as someone else pointed out on this forum. Something that is rare at the SUNYs. </p>

<p>For the most part students are happy and proud to be there.</p>

<p>Is it true you can't double major with two majors in the same department? I'm not sure if I'm going to do business management or accounting so I was going to double major if possible. If they don't allow that, why do you think it is?</p>

<p>I am not sure about the two majors in the same department. I know you could have a Major and minor in the same department not sure about the double majors...</p>