Likelihood of UCLA Rescinding My Admission

Hi, I applied as an Applied Math Major for Fall 2023 at UCLA and was recently admitted. However, there is one course I put as planned that I ended up dropping with a W (physics course).

The course is NOT required for consideration into the major as a transfer student. However, it IS a lower division major requirement. There is no way I’ll be able to add this course before Spring 2023.

I checked the UCLA math department website, and it states:

“Transfer applicants to the Applied Mathematics major with 90 or more units must complete as many of the following introductory courses as possible prior to admission to UCLA: two years of calculus for majors, two calculus-based physics courses, one C++ programming course, and one course from general chemistry for majors or calculus-based physics.”

So while the course wasn’t technically required, it was definitely important to finish. I already submitted the report changes form on the admissions portal and they said they will get back to me within 15 business days.

Is it possible that my admission will still be considered? What are my options?

Hi, did you get an update yet? I’m in the same boat.

I’m a pure math major, and I dropped Electricity and Magnetism for an introductory C++ course. I’m still waiting for my update.

Alright I just got my update back and I didn’t get rescinded.

2 Likes