Likely Letters

<p>My son received his likely letter today -we are OOS - New Jersey.</p>

<p>Congrats to all those who received. kleibo, we are in NJ as well, hopefully one of those letters will also be in our mailbox this week! :)</p>

<p>son received his today as well. In-state.</p>

<p>Son got his Saturday - OOS, northern WI.</p>

<p>Daughter received hers on Saturday. OOS Illinois.</p>

<p>umm…do they send likely letters to international students?</p>

<p>We are OOS, Georgia. My son got his Saturday.</p>

<p>haha I’m from Hong Kong, this is certainly making me nervous!</p>

<p>turns out that my transcript was postmarked by 0ct 114 but got there by oct 19th…its gonna take a while for me i guess :p</p>

<p>im also from nj but i did engineering so i heard thats pretty competitive…darn</p>

<p>If I am an international student, what way would they inform me about this letter? (obviously i wouldn’t get it in the mail, I live in cairo)</p>

<p>Any LLs from those who applied AFTER Oct 15?</p>

<p>I understand they only send to a small select percentage in their first round. I believe Harvard last year sent only about 100 to academics and 200 to athletics. From what I am learning applications are up substantially this year with early action. Georgia Tech rec’d 3000 applications in round 1 (10/1) and 5600 (11/1). More students are applying early action to more colleges.</p>

<p>My D received hers in early Nov. She applied pre-pharmacy. Also we are OOS (ILL)</p>

<p>I didn’t get a likely letter :(</p>

<p>Got one (a while ago of course). Seemed like 30-31 ACT with top 10% class rank seemed to be the breaking point, just looking at some of the people from my school who applied to Purdue and either did or didn’t get the letter. I guess it depends on which program you’re going into, though.</p>

<p>S received notice from Purdue. Still applying to GT, princeton, Berkeley, Stanford,
MIT and possibly CMU. Too much corn cob conservatism to make Purdue his first choice. He hopes to have the option to go east or west. Mechanical engineering is the plan, but want a University that has tons of good programs in case he decides to switch. </p>

<p>Good luck all.</p>

<p>My daughter received a likely letter from Purdue for the School of Engineering. I’d like to find out if the likely letter is any indication of future scholarships potential. Are there any students that received a likely letter and received any or no scholarships? Thanks.</p>

<p>All those who got their likely letters, Congratulations! :slight_smile: Purdue is an excellent university. But, do you mind posting your stats so that RD applicants like me can have an idea of what they are looking for this year?</p>

<p>My daughter received her likely letter from Purdue over the weekend for the school of engineering. She is so happy! She is a double legacy there - both my husband and I are Purdue graduates.</p>