Likely Letters

<p>MassEngine, this letter was sent out to applicants with very strong academics and test scores. It basically says that the applicant will be accpeted.</p>

<p>So does anyone know if those who applied by oct 15 will for sure have a decision on friday?</p>

<p>@ Poc643 - Yes, you should have gotten an email saying they have your application and that you will be notified by 12/7</p>

<p>I haven’t gotten a “likely letter” yet…so I’m thinking I’m likely not going to Purdue :(</p>

<p>MassEngine, just because you didn’t receive a LL does not mean that you are not getting in. Not all applicants received this letter. Keep positive!</p>

<p>Thanks Editor ! I’m hope so! I visited in October and loved it - my top choice. Looking forward to Friday about this time!
Good luck everyone.</p>

<p>I don’t have a tab that shows “see decision” or anything of the like. What does this mean? Does it only appear on Friday?</p>

<p>Hi,all,
I am international student from China, and I did submit my prioirity application to Purdue on time but submited my stardarized test scores long after Oct 15. Today I received a letter from Purdue, reminds me of checking my status on this Friday.
What do you think this letter mean?</p>

<p>"Dear XXXXXX,</p>

<p>Purdue will begin releasing admission decisions this Friday, December 7, and the decision on your application will be available after 5 p.m. Eastern Time that day. </p>

<p>For your convenience, your application login ID and PIN are provided below. Please use this to access your online application status. The login ID and PIN are the same you used to initiate your application.</p>

<p>If you have questions about your decision, you will find definitions of admission decisions online. If you need to contact the Office of Admissions, we ask that you wait until business hours, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Eastern Time.</p>

<p>An electronic copy of your decision letter will be viewable via your online application status about 24-48 hours after your decision is released.</p>

<p>We appreciate your interest in Purdue and wish you all the best as you complete your college search."</p>

<p>@Mass Engine
“What is a “likely letter”? What does it say?
I’m waiting on the December 7th notification…is this letter something different?”</p>

<p>Here is the one my daughter received…</p>

<p>Dear XXXX,</p>

<p>I’m sending this letter to offer a little peace of mind. You are an excellent student and when we begin releasing admission decisions in December, I am confident you will be offered admission to XXXXXX.</p>

<p>The December release of admission decisions allows time for us to thoroughly review individual applications and the applicant pool as a whole to ensure we are admitting students who are the most prepared to succeed at XXXXXX and contribute to our dynamic campus community. If we were to begin making decisions too early, space would begin to fill before some very good students apply.</p>

<p>However, there is no reason to delay letting students of your caliber know that we will have a spot for you at XXXXXX.</p>

<p>This is not your official admission letter; you can expect that to arrive shortly after we begin releasing admission decisions on December 7. But this is intended to help you start planning for the future. We want you at XXXXXX and I am confident our University will offer the opportunities you seek.</p>

<p>I am delighted that you are exploring a future at XXXXXX and wish you well as you complete your high school career. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the Office of Admissions.</p>

<p>Sincerely,
XXXXXXX
Dean of Admissions"</p>

<p>@Justinszcn Hi! I got the same email, but didn’t know whether that meant that the decisions would be viewable immediately on Friday after 5pm or if that meant that it would still be 24-48 hours after that that we could see the decision. Also, just looking at the application, I don’t see where the decision pdf would be? I guess we will all have to wait until Friday to see how it changes if at all. Good luck to you. Hope we both get good news!</p>

<p>FlyGuy- You’ll see your decision on Friday if you got the email. The 24-48 hours is an email version of an acceptance letter so you could print it or something if you’re international. Or maybe they’re not sending real acceptance letters this year. No idea.</p>

<p>@naturaldisaster, thanks for the tip. I was wondering what that email meant exactly. Now I just hope when everyone logs on at 5pm Eastern, the servers don’t crash!</p>

<p>professionalmom, that is the likely letter!</p>