LLRISE at MIT Lincoln Labs

Anyone know anything about it other than the info on the website?

Did you get accepted?

yes. would be interested in hearing from someone who has done it before. they have so little info about the program up.

Would you mind sharing stats?

jjsmutt01 - very high stats, but was completely rejected from SSP and Yale astrophysics. Not really sure how thees programs pick their students, but I reminded my son that its NOT college admissions officers who are reading these applications. We met someone yesterday who was rejected from SSP and Yale astrophysics plus 5 other science summer programs she applied to, and for college got into MIT, Princeton and Yale. So I’ve stopped worrying that there is any correlation between these summer applications and collge admissions.

2 Likes

Ok thank you so much. I was worried about the same thing!

stemmmm - I completely agree with you. I applied with a 3.7 gpa and a 1380 SAT as an Asian Male, and I was very fortunate to be accepted to LLRISE. I believe that the application process was truly holistic in a sense. I look forward to meeting your son at LLRISE!

I applied with 3.9 gpa and 35 act and got rejected

jjsmutt01 - you will do better with college admissions those are wonderful stats. The only lesson to take from this is make sure you have safety schools.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I thinking I’m looking for the same things you were last year. Got into MIT LLRISE and GT SEI and trying to determine, what if any weight the LLRISE program might carry in college admissions. Anyone that got into LLRISE willing to provide data on where they actually got accepted into college this year? My sincere and humble thanks.

LL RISE was a fantastic program. My son loved it and got a lot out of it. Anecdotally, I do not think it helped with MIT admissions. There are only 18 kids in the program so its hard to draw much data from any one year. A large number of the LLRISE kids applied to MIT EA but not many got in to MIT. My son applied ED elsewhere and did get in. He was a very good applicant and LLRISE was just a small (2 week) part of the total package.
But the learniing and social experience was very worthwhile and the people from last year all keep in touch.

Hello! LLRISE student here and we now have a subreddit for any questions about applying or the program as a whole. Don’t think I’m allowed to link but it is simply r/LLRISE

1 Like

before you got accepted, did you ever receive an email said your application was in the final review panel? did you get accept by email? do you remember when did they send you the email? just curious how it goes

I too got the same final stage review email a week ago. Though today is the last day to wait for the final decision.
Have you heard anything yet?

Results came out yesterday!

Yes. I didn’t get in. How about you?