Lofts and Rugs?

<p>Good morning, we leave for UA in less than a month!</p>

<p>I have a quick question. Does anyone have any experience with the commercial service advertised through the Board of Housing mailer that offers to bring in either higher loft beds or rugs prior to your arrival date for move in?</p>

<p>We are considering if the rugs might be a nice touch to the room?</p>

<p>D will be staying in Ridgecrest South / North Tower, and if anyone has any experience or knowledge of these services and the quality / fit of the rugs that they offer it would be greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>I figure it would be easier than lugging a remnant down from Chicago or searching in t-town for one since we’ll have such limited time.</p>

<p>Thanks all. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Don’t bother with the lofting deal</p>

<p>The beds already loft to quite a high level (high enough to put the dresser under)</p>

<p>How high does your D want her bed?</p>

<p>Do you have to do the lofting service if you just want the rug?</p>

<p>m2ck … My D does not want the loft since she doesn’t want to have to climb so high to sleep and she wants to use her bed as a big couch. :slight_smile: However, I’m fairly certain that we can just contract for the rug alone, but want to know if anyone has experience with them to know if the quality is good and the fit is right for the room at RCN. Thanks.</p>

<p>Ahhh…</p>

<p>I don’t blame your D for not wanting to be lofted too high. :)</p>

<p>One of my son’s suitemates got the rug, and it seemed nice, but I didn’t closely inspect it.</p>

<p>Son is getting the loft for his bed…he is in Highlands, where the beds can only be raised to 31 inches, unless you get the bed loft rental. He wants to put a fold out futon -type couch under it…so we are getting the loft…oh and apparently we are buying the futon couch to go underneath…! </p>

<p>38 days and counting…</p>

<p>Isn’t there carpeting in the rooms already?</p>

<p>Is the rug just for extra warmth and color?</p>

<p>(We received this mailing, too, BTW, so I know what you’re talking about. I’d just assumed the rugs were more for dorms with non-carpeted floors. But obviously I could be wrong!)</p>

<p>Yes…in the super-suites dorms there is carpeting. There may be carpeting in other dorms, too…but I know about the super suites.</p>

<p>i thought the rugs were more for people in dorms with no carpet, too. we just got a small area rug from walmart when we got there. more for color than anything else.</p>

<p>^^^ yes, D is in Ridgecrest South, so there is that flat, industrial, maintenance free carpet, but for her bedroom this carpeting would be “cushier” and for decorative effect. My personal opinion is that it is not needed, but my W & D asked me to post this to see if anyone had any real experience with the company and whether … and from my D’s standpoint … is this something that “people do.” :)</p>

<p>Well, we didn’t :slight_smile: You’ll find that when Target, WalMart and Bed, Bath & Beyond put out their coordinating Dorm stuff in the next few weeks that there is usually a rug available to go with the other items. I offered to get a rug from WalMart for D but she vetoed it. It was very reasonable too.</p>

<p>Mike, weren’t they less than $20?</p>

<p>I can definitely see it for a girl’s room. I love picking up those little braided and woven throw rugs to put here and there around the house, to add a little color. I can see where Dad’s W & D are coming from.</p>

<p>And yes, the room carpeting is really industrial, not very warm or plush or cozy.</p>

<p>It’s a Girl Thing, I think. :)</p>

<p>the one we got was “your zone” from walmart - fuschia. 29 bucks i think - maybe 4’ by 6’.</p>

<p>i have also see n some at lowes (5x7ish) for real cheap (25 bucks?). not as many yummy colors, but they might have a few decent ones.</p>

<p>For my older daughter we bought a great cream/tan shaggy carpet from Costco for about $70. She used it all year in her dorm room, maybe used a vac on it a few times. Brought it home in May and used the carpet cleaner on it and let it dry and it looks good as new. When I was in Costco this past weekend I noticed that they have them again. Size is about 6’ x 8’. Really nice and plush enough to sink your toes into. They had a few different colors.</p>

<p>I would recommend getting your own rug - much better selection of color and style. I have a medium size lime green shag rug that I picked up from an acquaintance. It’s great to wake up to that cushiness between my toes when I jump/roll/miserably drag myself out of bed.</p>