Lofts in the towers

<p>Does anyone know the details/logistics in getting a loft set up. I remember the tour guide mentioning the architecture students have done this "on the side". Does anyone know how to get it set up before the freshmen arrive? It seems it would be much easier to do it first. I called the residential college desk, but they said the lofts are not University endorsed so they could give out no info. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>yea In Facebook there were these juniors at UM offering information on how to get them. its pretty annoying cause they post it everywhere.
If I remember correctly it costs 90 bucks or so to purchase the whole lofting system and then they install it for u.
anyways, Facebook is an amazing source for all these things. especially if ur looking to buy furniture or books from students, they are all advertising that stuff there. :)</p>

<p>Thanks Acarta. As always, very helpful info. S will check it out on Facebook.</p>

<p>The arch. students had fliers in all the dorm rooms during move-in advertising their loft systems. There were several different groups and some constructed them differently and had different price ranges. We went with one of the more expensive ones as we, and RM's family, felt they seemed sturdier. The lofts were installed over move-in weekend. It was a pretty easy process.</p>